NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF HEAT TRANSFER AND HYDRODYNAMICS IN ROUND TUBE WITH INCLINED-TANGENTIAL FLOW SWIRL AT THE INLET
Based on the commercial software ANSYS CFX the computer simulation of heat transfer and hydrodynamics was performed in the round tube with incline-tangential flow swirl at the inlet and flow 90° turn at the exit. Two groups of turbulence models and basic parameters of the computer grid were verified allowing obtain the accepted accuracy. Comparison of predicted and experimental results showed that k-ω turbulence model provides good agreement for the surface swirl angle, all tested models describes well the pressure drop coefficient, while LRR model of Reynolds stresses predicts precisely heat transfer data.
2. John P.C.W. Ling, Peter T. Ireland, Neil. W. Harvey. Measurement of Heat Transfer Coefficient Distributions and Flow Field in a Model of a Turbine Blade Cooling Passage with Tangential Injection // ASME Paper # GT2006-90352.
3. Zhao LIU, Zhenping FENG, Liming Song. Numerical Study on Flow and Heat Transfer Characteristics of Swirl Cooling on Leading Edge Model of Gas Turbine Blade // ASME Paper # GT2011-46125.
4. Hay, N., & West, P. D. Heat Transfer in Free Swirling Flow in a Pipe// ASME Journal of Heat Transfer. – 1975. – P. 411 – 416.
5. Andreas Lerch, Heinz-Peter Schiffer, Daniela Klaubert. Impact on Adiabatic Film Cooling Effectiveness Using Internal Cyclone Cooling // ASME Paper GT2011-45120.
6. D.W. Stephens, K. Mohanarangam. Turbulence model analysis of flow inside a hydrocyclone // Seventh International Conference on CFD in the Minerals and Process Industries CSIRO, Melbourne, Australia. – 9-11 December 2009.
7. Ali M. Jawarneh, Hitham Tlilan, Ahmad Al-Shyyab, Amer Ababneh. Strongly swirling flows in a cylindrical separator//Minerals Engineering. – 2008. – v.21. – Р. 366 – 372.
8. Introduction to Thermal Science/Shmidt F., Henderson R., Wolgemuth C./ John Wiley&Son.- New York. – 1984. – 445 p.
9. A. Khalatov, I. Borisov, Yu. Dashevsky, S. Severin. Hydrodynamics of the swirled flow in the tube with the obliquely-tangential flow swirl and 90 degrees outlet channel bend // Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika. – 2009. – vol. 31, № 6. – P. 6 – 13. (Rus.)
10. A. Khalatov, I.Borisov, S. Severin, V. Romanov, V. Spitsyn, Yu. Dashevskyy. Heat Transfer, Hydrodynamics and Pressure Drop in the Model of a Blade Leading Edge Cyclone Cooling // Proc. of ASME Turbo Expo 20011. – GT2011-45150. – 9 p.
Abstract views: 202 PDF Downloads: 115
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.