MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF OPERATION OF BIMETALLIC HEARTH- LEVEL ELECTRODES OF ARC STEEL- MAKING FURNACES OF DIRECT CURRENT
The computer model of temperature fields that emerge in water-cooled bimetallic hearth-level electrodes during the operation of arc steel-making furnaces of direct current was created. The model considers different structures of bimetallic hearth-level electrodes, the methods to connect their cooper and steel parts, and allows to choose optimum structure of hearth-level electrode for the specific conditions of metal smelting.
2. Diydkin D..A,, Kisilenko. V.V .Steel production, Volume 1, “Teplotekhnik”, Moskow, 2008. (Rus.)
3. Malinovskii V.S., Iarnuh L.V. New generation arc furnaces of direct current – a new way of effective reconstruction of metallurgical machinery in Russia “Metalurgia mashinostoenia” 2001.– №1.– p. 12-19. (Rus.)
4. Kaplun M. I. Hearth-level electrodes of arc furnaces of direct current. “Electrometalurgia” – 2008-№9.– p.21-25 (Rus.)
5. USA Patent №4101725 кл.13-18 1979 (Eng.)
6. Ukraine Patent № 88236 С2 МПК Н05В7/00 (Ukr.)
7. Russian Federation Patent № 2022480 МПК H05В7/08 published 30.10.1994 (Rus.)
8. Eric R.N. Slag properties and design issues pertiment to matte smelting electric furnaces // VVII Intern/ conf. On molten slags fluxes and salts (Cape Town January, 25-28, 2004 ). – Cape Town – P531-541 (The South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, 2004/(Eng)
9. H Yong Basic formulas and data on heat transfer for engineers. – Moskow “Atomizdat” 1979. (Rus.)
10. Thermal processesduring electroslag remelting / B.I. Medovar. V.L. Shevtsov, G.S. Marinskii and others. – Kiev “Naukova Dumka” 1978 – 304 p. (Rus.)
11. Bogachenko A.G., Lakomskii V.I., Mishenko D.D. and others. Welded connection of copper and steel in hearth-level electrode of arc furnace of direct current, “Electrometalurgia” №4, 2013, Moskow, p. 7-9. (Rus.)
12. Shlykov I. P., Ganin I.A. Tsarevskii S.N. Contact thermal resistance. – Moskow “Energia” 1977.– 328p. with illustrations.
13. Heat Transfer Division (November 1970). "Conduction in Solids – Steady State, Imperfect Metal-to-Metal Surface Contact". General Electric Inc.
14. Kenneth L. Kaiser. (2004). Electromagnetic Compatibility Handbook. CRC Press. pp. 13-52. ISBN 978-0-8493-2087-3.
Abstract views: 89 PDF Downloads: 88
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.