CFD-SIMULATION OF COUPLED VAPOR AND MOISTURE TRANSFER IN POROUS BUILDING MATERIALS
Presented CFD-model considers coupled vapor and moisture transfer processes in porous building materials. In contrast to the existing models, it takes into account the ratio between vapor and moisture components in accordance with the building materials’ sorption curve. The specific analysis of the model development in ANSYS-FLUENT is presented and the results are compared with experimental data of the gas concrete humidification.
2. Bogoslovskiy V.N. Building thermal physics (thermal fundamentals of heating, ventilation and air conditioning) – M:. Vischaya shkola, 1982. – 415 p.
3. Manual of analysis moisture regime of building envelopes. – M: Stroyizdat, 1984. – 168 p.
4. Woloszyn M., Rode C. Tools for Performance Simulation of Heat, Air and Moisture Conditions of Whole Buildings // Building Simulation. – 2008. – Vol.1. – P. 5 – 24.
5. ANSYS FLUENT. Theory Guide. Realise 14.0. – 2011. – 862 p.
6. Steeman H.J., Janssens A., De Paepe M. Coupling moisture transport in air flows and porous materials using CFD // Proceedings of the 8th Symposium on Building Physics in the Nordic Countries, June 16 – 18. – Copenhagen, Denmark.– 2008. – Р. 715 – 722.
7. Mortensen L. H., Woloszyn M., Rode C., Peuhkuri R. Investigation of Microclimate by CFD Modeling of Moisture Interactions between Air and Constructions // Journal of Building Physics. – 2007. – Vol. 30. – P. 279 – 315.
8. Künzel H.M. Simultaneous Heat and Moisture Transfer in Building Components: One- and Two dimensional calculation using simple parameters // Ph.D. Thesis, University of Stuttgart, Germany. – 1995. – 65 p.
9. Nizovtsev M.I., Sterlyagov A.N., Terekhov V.I. Verification of the model calculation of coupled heat and moisture on the gas concrete humidification // Izvestia vuzov. Stroitelstvo. – 2008. – № 1 (589). – P. 105 – 110.
10. Nizovtsev M.I., Sterlyagov A.N., Terekhov V.I. Effect of temperature gradient on moisture transfer in porous materials // Polzunovskiy vestnik. – 2012. – № 3/1. – P.17 – 21.
11. GOST 24816-81 Method of determining moisture sorption // Moscow: Izdatelstvo standartov. – 1988. – 20 p.
12. Crawley D.B. Lawrie L.K., Winkelmann F.C., Buhl W.F., Huang Y.J., Pedersen C.O., Strand R.K., Liesen R.J., Fisher D.E., Witte M.J., Glazer J. EnergyPlus: creating a new-generation building energy simulation program // Energy and Building. – 2001. – Vol 33. – Р. 319 – 331.
Abstract views: 105 PDF Downloads: 82
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.