THE APPLICATION OF LATTICE BOLTZMANN TO FLOW ANALYSIS NANOFLUID IN THE CHANNEL BETWEEN COAXIAL CYLINDERS
Taylor-Couette flow of nanofluids in curved channel, which is formed by two concentric cylindrical surfaces, is investigated. The flow is moved by rotating the inner cylindrical surface. It is analyzed the influence of following parameters on the critical Taylor numbers: the ratio of the radii of convex and concave walls, dimensionless parameters describing the temperature gradient, the relative density of nanoparticles, the ratio of Brownian diffusion and thermophoretic diffusion, Prandtl and Schmidt numbers.
2. Das S.K., Choi S.U.S., Patel H.E. Heat transfer in nanofluids: A review // Heat Transfer Eng. –2006. – V. 27. – P. 3–19.
3. Kakas K.S., Pramuanlaroenkij A. Review of convective heat transfer enhancment with nanofluids // Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer. – 2009. – V. 52. – P. 3187 – 3196.
4. Buschman M.H. Nanofluids in thermosyphons and heat pipes: Overview of recent experiments and modelling approaches // Int. J. Therm. Sci. – 2013. – V. 72. – P. 1–17.
5. Huming G., Huming A. Heat transfer characteristics of a two-phase closed thermosyphons using nanofluids // Exp. Thermal Fluid Sci. – 2011. – V. 35, № 3. – P. 550–557.
6. Lai W. Stability of a revolution fluid with variable density in the presence of a circular magneticfluid // Physics of Fluids – 1962. – V. 25. – P. 560 – 566.
7. Avramenko A.A., Blinov. D.G., Shevchuk I.V. ISSN 0204-3602. Пром. теплотехника, 2016, т. 38, №3 9 Self-similar analysis of fluid flow and heat-mass transfer of nanofluids in boundary layer // Phys. Fluids. – 2011. – V. 23. P. 082002.
8. Avramenko A.A., Blinov. D.G., Shevchuk I.V., Kuznetsov A.V. Symmetry analysis and self-similar forms of fluid flow and heat-mass transfer in turbulent boundary layer flow of a nanofluid // Phys. Fluids. – 2012. –V. 24. P. 092003.
9. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I. Heat transfer at film condensation of stationary vapor with nanoparticles near a vertical plate // Appl. Therm. Eng. – 2014. – V.73, №. 1. – P. 389–396.
10. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V., Blinov. D.G. Heat transfer at film condensation of moving vapor with nanoparticles over a flat surface // Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. – 2015a. – V. 82. – P. 316–324.
11. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V., Blinov. D.G. Heat transfer in stable film boiling of a nanofluid over a vertical surface // Int. J. Therm. Sci. – 2015b. – V. 92. – P. 106–118.
12 Fedele L., Colla L., Bobbo S., Barison S., Agresti F. Experimental stability analysis of different water-based nanofluids // Nanoscale Research Letters – 2011. – V. 6. – P. 300.
13. Joni I.M., Purwanto A., Iskandar F., Okuyama K. Dispersion stability enhancement of titania nanoparticles in organic solvent using a bead mill process // Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. – 2009. – V.48, № 15. – P. 6916–6922.
14. Walowit J., Tsao.S., Diprima R. Stability of flow between arbitrarily spaced concentric cylindrical surfaces including the effect of a radial temperature gradient // J. Appl. Mech. – 1964. V. 30, № 4. – P. 585–593.
14. Mutabazi I., Gullerm R., Prigent A., Lepiller V., Malik S. Flow instabilities in a vertical differentially rotating cylindrical annulus with a radial temperature gradient // EUROMECH Colloquium. – 2011, – 21–23 June. V.52. – P. 300.
16. Pak. B.C., Cho Y.I. Hydrodynamic and heat transfer study of dispersed ﬂuids with submi-cron metallic oxide particles // Exp. Heat Transfer. – 1998. – V. 11. – P. 151–170.
17. Brian J.N. Application of two-dimensional cellular automaton lattice-gas models to the simulation of hydrodynamics / J. N. Brian. – University of Edinburgh. 1990. –190 p.
18. Maxwell J.B. Lattice Boltzmann methods for interfacial wave modelling. – University of Edinburgh. 1997. – 238 p.
19. P.L. Bhatnagar, E.P. Gross, M. Krook. A Model for Collision Processes in Gases. I. Small Amplitude Processes in Charged and Neutral One- Component Systems // Physical Review. 1954. V.94. P. 511–525.
Abstract views: 43 PDF Downloads: 37
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.