EFECTS OF HEAT FLUX IN THE CHANNEL WALL AND WATER PRESSURE ON THE CHARACTERISTICS OF FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER IN BARE TUBES AT SUPERCRITICAL PARAMETERS
Data relating to flow and heat transfer features of the supercritical water in bare tubes at varying of values of heat flux density supplied to the tube wall and inlet pressure are obtained based on CFD-simulation . The results of the analysis of the effect of these values on the basic heat-hydraulic parameters of supercritical water are presented.
2. Pioro I. eneration IV Nuclear Reactors as a Basis for Future Electricity Production in the World / I. Pioro, P. Kirillov // Materials and Processes for Energy: Communicating Current Research and Technology Developments (Energy book series, Vol. 1) /Book eds. by A. Mendez-Vilas. – Spain, Formatex Research Center, 2013. – P.813-830.
3. Kellyt J.E. Generation IV International Forum: A decade of progress through international cooperation/ J.E. Kellyt // Progress in Nuclear Energy. – 2014. – Vol 77. – P. 240-246.
4. Bazargan M. Forced convection heat transfer to turbulent flow of SCW in a round horizontal tube. – PhD Thesis. – University of British Columbia, Canada. – 2001.
5. Duffey R.B. Supercritical water-cooled nuclear reactors (SCWRs): current and future concepts–steam-cycle options / R. B. Duffey, I. Pioro, X. Zhou, U. Zirn, S. Kuran, H. Khartabil, M. Naidin //Proc. ICONE-16, Orlando, FL, USA, May 11–15, 2008, Paper 48869. – P. 469-477.
6. Pioro I. Heat Transfer and Hydraulic Resistance at Supercritical Pressures in Power Engineering Applications / I. Pioro, R. Duffey // ASME Press, New York, NY, USA. – 2007. – 334 p.
7. Kirillov P. Experimental Study on Heat Transfer to Supercritical Water Flowing in 1- and 4-m-Long Vertical Tubes / P. Kirillov, R. Pometko, A. Smirnov, V. Grabezhnaia // Proc. GLOBAL’05, Tsukuba, Japan. – 2005.– P. 518.
8. Agranat V. CFD-Modelling of Supercritical Water Heat Transfer in a Vertical Bare Tube Upward Flow/ V. Agranat, M. Malin, I. Pioro, R. Abdullah, V.A. Perminov // Proceedings of ICONE-23, May 17-21, Chiba, Japan. – 2015. – Paper 1163. – 11 p.
9. Farah A. Assessment of Fluent CFD Code as an Analysis Tool for Supercritical-Water Heat- Transfer Applications / A. Farah, G. Harvel, I. Pioro // Proceedings of the 15th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermalhydraulics (NURETH-15), Pisa, Italy, May 12-15, 2013. – Paper 118. – 13 p.
10. Yang J. Numerical investigation of heat transfer in upward flows of supercritical water in circular tubes and tight fuel rod bundles / J. Yang, Y. Oka, Y. Ishiwatari, J. Liu, J. Yoo // Nuclear Engineering and Design. – 2007. – Vol. 237. – P. 420-430.
11. Zahlan H. Assessment of Supercritical Heat Transfer Prediction Methods / H. Zahlan, D.C. Groeneveld, S. Tavoularis, S. Mokry, I. Pioro // Proceedings of the 5-th International Symposium on SCWR (ISSCWR-5), Vancouver, BC, Canada, March 13−16, 2011. – Paper P008. – 0 p.
12. Wen Q.L. Numerical simulation of heat transfer deterioration phenomenon in supercritical water through vertical tube/ Q.L. Wen, H.Y. Gu // Annals of Nuclear Energy. – 2010. – Vol. 37. – P. 1272-1280.
13. Fialko N.M. Modeling of flow and heat transfer in the bare tubes at supercritical pressures / N.M. Fialko, I.L. Pioro, N.V. Mayson, N.O. Meranova //Promyshlennaja teplotehnika. – 2016, №3. – P. 12-21. (Rus)
14. Fialko N.M. Effect of mass flux on the flow characteristics and heat transfer in bare pipes at supercritical parameters / N.M. Fialko, I.L. Pioro, N.V. Mayson, N.O. Meranova, I.G. Sharaevsky // Promyshlennaja teplotehnika – 2016, №4. – P. (Rus)
15.Mokry S. Development of Supercritical Water Heat-Transfer Correlation for Vertical Bare Tubes / S. Mokry, I.L. Pioro, A. Farah, K. King, S. Gupta, W. Peiman, P. Kirillov // Nuclear Engineering and Design. – 2011, Vol. 241. – рр. 1126−1136.
Abstract views: 71 PDF Downloads: 59
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.