NUMERICAL MODELING AND EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF HEAT EXCHANGE AND HYDRODYNAMICS PROCESS IN HEAT EXCHANGER OF NEW DESIGN
Numerical modeling and experimental investigation of heat and hydrodynamic characteristics of compressed round tube bundle for heat exchangers of new design are presented. Comparison of the results of numerical modeling of compressed round tube bundle with results of finished experiment and knowing experimental data for round tube bundle of convention inline geometry, confirms the adequacy of modeling and almost double the increase in the thermal efficiency of the investigated compressed round tube bundle with a relatively small change in the total aerodynamic resistance.
2. Pis’mennyi, E.N., Kondratyk V.A., Zhukova Yu.V., Tereh A.M. Convective heat exchange of crosswashing straggle packs of flat-oval tubes // Eastern- European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. – 2011. – 2/8 (50). – P. 4-8. (Rus.)
3. Pis’mennyi, E.N. Ways for Improving the Tubular Heaters Used in Gas Turbine Units // Thermal Engineering. – 2012. – Vol. 59, Issue 6. – P. 485–490.
4. Anisin A.A. Increase of energy efficiency of smooth tube bundles and profile channels for gasliquid heat exchangers for power plants: abstract of thesis for the degree of doctor of technical science on the speciality: 05.14.04 /A.A. Anisin; Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University. – Saint- Petersburg: 2009. – 42 p. (Rus.)
5. Pronin V.A., Dozortsev A.V., Tyirin V.E. Hydrodynamic and heat transfer in tube channels of smooth tube bundles of inline-diffuser type // Transactions of the fourth Russian National heat exchange conference: In 8th volumes. Vol.6. Dispersed flows and porous mediums. Heat exchange intensification. – Moscow, 2006. – P. 285-288. (Rus.)
6. Pronin V.A. Arrangements of tube bundles and synthesis of convective heat surfaces with increased energy efficiency: abstract of thesis for the degree of doctor of technical science on the speciality: 01.04.14 / V.A. Pronin; Moscow Power Engineering Institute. – M.: 2008. – 40 p. (Rus.)
7. Patent UA 104559, F28D 7/00 (2014.01). Heat exchanger / Horobets' V.H., Bohdan Yu.O.; zayavnyk Horobets' V.H., Bohdan Yu.O. - № a 201303816; zayavl. 27.03.2013; opubl. 10.02.2014, Byul. №3, 2014 year. – 2 p: il.. (Ukr.)
9. ANSYS FLUENT Theory Guide. Release 14. ANSYS, Inc. Southpointe 275 Technology Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317, 2011. – 826 р.
10. Kulinchenko V.R. Reference book to heat transfer calculation. – К.: Tehnika, 1990. – 165 p. (Rus.)
11. Belov I.A., Kudryavtsev N.A. Heat transfer and resistance of tube packs. – Leningrad: Energoatomizdat, – 1987. – 223 p. (Rus.)
12. Idel’chik I.E. Reference book to hydraulic resistance. – М.: Mashinostroenie, 1992. – 672 p. (Rus.)
Abstract views: 197 PDF Downloads: 172
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.