CFD MODELING OF HEAT TRANSFER UNDER FLOW OF SUPERCRITICAL PARAMETERS WATER IN VERTICAL BARE TUBES
The results of the CFD modeling of heat transfer under condition of the upstream flow of supercritical water in vertical bare tubes are presented with a change in the wide range of mass flux and heat flux at the channel wall. The results of comparison of experimental and calculated data for different heat transfer regimes - improved, normal and deteriorated - are presented. The results of the CFD modeling relating to the spatial distribution of physical properties of supercritical water are analyzed.
2. KalyakinS.G, KirillovP.L, Baranov Yu.D. Prospects for the development of an innovative water cooled nuclear reactor with supercritical coolant parameters, Thermal Engineering, [Teploenergetika], 2014, №. 8, pp. 13-19. [RUS.]
3. Agranat V., Malin M., Pioro I., Abdullah R., and Perminov V.A. CFD Modelling of Supercritical Water Heat Transfer in a Vertical Bare Tube Upward Flow, Proceedings of ICONE-23, May 17-21, Chiba, Japan, 2015, Paper #1163, 11 pages. [Eng.]
4. Cheng, X., Kuang, B., and Yang, Y.H. Numerical analysis of heat transfer in supercritical water cooled flow channels, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 237, 2007, pp. 240-252. [Eng.]
5. Jaromin M. and Anglart H. A Numerical Study of the Turbulent Prandtl Number Impact on Heat Transfer to Supercritical Water Flowing Upward under Deteriorated Conditions, Proc. 15th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal hydraulics (NURETH-15), Mayl2-17, Pisa, Italy, 2013, Paper #134, 14 pages. [Eng.]
6. Agranat V., Pioro I., Malin M., Abdullah R. CFD Modeling of Supercritical Water Heat Transfer in a Vertical Bare Tube upward Flow, Proceedings ofthe 23th International Conference On Nuclear Engineering (ICONE-23), May 1721, Chiba, Japan, 2015, 11 pages. [Eng.]
7. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Maison N.V and Meranova N.O. Simulation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Pressure, Industrial Engineering, [Promyshlennaia Teplotekhnika], 2016, №3. pp. 10-17. [RUS.]
8. Gu, H.Y., Cheng, X., Yang, Y.H. CFD analysis of thermal-hydraulic behaviour in SCWR typical flow channels, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 2008, 238, pp. 3348-3359. [Eng.]
9. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Maison N.V., Meranova N.O., and Sharaevsky I.G. Effect of Mass Flux on Flow Characteristics and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters, Industrial Engineering, [Promyshlennaia Teplotekhnika], 2016, №4, pp.5-11. [RUS.]
10. Koshizuka S., Takano N. and Oka Y. Numerical Analysis of Deterioration Phenomena in Heat Transfer to Supercritical Water, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 1995, 38, pp.3077-3084. [Eng.]
11. Zvorykin A., Fialko N., Meranova N., Aleshko S., Maison N., Voitenko A., and Pioro I. Computer Simulation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters, Proceedings of the 24th International Conference On Nuclear Engineering (ICONE-24), June 26-30, Charlotte, NC, USA, Paper #6039O, 2016, 12 pages. [Eng.]
12. National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST Reference Fluid Thermodynamic and Transport Properties - REFPROP, NIST Standard Reference Database 23, Ver.8.0, Boulder, CO, U.S., Department of Commerce, 2007. [Eng.]
13. PioroI.L., KirillovP.L.,MokryS.J., andGospodinov Y.K. 2008, Supercritical Water Heat Transfer in a Vertical Bare Tube: Normal, Improved and Deteriorated Regimes, Proceedings ICAPP’08 Anaheim, CA, USA, June 8-12, 2008, Paper #8333, pp. 1843-1852. [Eng.]
Abstract views: 193 PDF Downloads: 198
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.