EFFECTIVE COEFFICIENT OF THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY OF BIOFUEL IN THE CONDITIONS OF HIGH-TEMPERATURE DRYING
The paper is devoted to determining the effective thermal conductivity coefficient of a mathematical model of high temperature drying biomass. The method of experimental research kinetics of drying and theoretical processing of the results is developed. The results of the research are presented. The average value of the effective coefficient of thermal conductivity is calculated and the possibility of its application in calculations of high temperature drying of biomass is substantiated.
The modeling of high-temperature drying of biomass and peat will allow developing and substantiat-ing the methods of intensification of the drying process, developing engineering methods for calculating the equipment and ensuring the creation of the most rational designs of drying plants. Increasing the accuracy of mathematical modeling requires conducting experimental studies and de-termining the value of the effective coefficient of thermal conductivity of materials in the dry zone, as well as the influence of the temperature regime and properties of biomass on its value. The aim of the work is to determine the effective coefficient of heat conductivity of biomass in con-ditions of high temperature drying in biofuel production technologies. The methodology of determination of the effective coefficient of thermal conductivity for use in cal-culations of drying process under the model of high temperature drying of biomass is developed. The article presents the results of an experimental study of the kinetics of high- temperature drying of biomass samples of pine, willow and poplar of flat form. The theoretical model of flat particle drying was developed and cal-culations of the process of high-temperature drying of flat bodies were conducted. According to the results of the research, the value of the effective coefficient of thermal conductivity for a series of experiments is de-termined by the method of minimizing the relative error of theoretical and experimental results. The average value of the effective coefficient of thermal conductivity is calculated and the its applicability in the calcula-tions of high temperature drying of biomass using the mathematical model is substantiated. Based on these studies, the validity of the provisions of the developed mathematical model is concluded. The results can be used to upgrade and optimize processes in aerodynamic dryers.
2. Korinchuk D.N. Model Vysokotemperaturnoy sushki torfyanykh chastits i yeye eksperimentalnoye podtverzhdeniye [Model of high-temperature drying of peat particles and its experimental confirma-tion], SETT-2005, 2005. V. 2. P. 225-229. (Rus.)
3. Iljasov U.R. and Igoshin D.E. Matematicheskoye modelirovaniye sushki vlazhnogo poristogo materiala v diffuzionnom priblizhenii [Mathematical Simulation of the Process of Drying of the Wet Material in Diffusive Approximation]. Teplofizika i ajeromehanika [Thermophysics and Aeromechanics], 2008 Vol. 15, № 4. P. 689-697. (Rus.)
4. Isachenko V. P., Osipova V. A. and Sukomel A. S. Teploperedacha [Heat Transfer], Moscow, Energy, 1981. 416 p. (Rus.)
5. Zaydel A. N. Elementarnyye otsenki oshibok izmereniy [Simple estimates of measurement errors]. Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Leningrad, Nauka Publ., 1968. 96 p/ (Rus.)
6. Kravchenko N.S. and Revinskaya O.G. Metody obrabotki rezul'tatov izmereniy i otsenki pogreshnostey v uchebnom laboratornom praktikume: uchebnoye posobiye [Methods of processing the results of measurements and estimating errors in the educational laboratory work: textbook], Tomsk: Izd-vo Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta [Tomsk: Publishing house of Tomsk Polytechnic University], 2011. 86 p.
Abstract views: 51 PDF Downloads: 48
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.