SPECIFICS OF THE FLOW OF SUPERCRITICAL WATER UNDER CONDITIONS OF MIXED CONVECTION
A study of the specifics of supercritical water flow under conditions of mixed convection was made on the basis of CFD modeling. The results of comparison of the numerical solutions obtained in the presence and absence of the buoyancy forces are given. It is shown that the influence of Archimedean forces on the flow structure is localized in the central region of tube length. The data of computer modeling of supercritical water flow pattern with the variation of heat flux q on the tube wall are obtained. The dependence of the localization of mixed convection zone from the value of q is established. The change of the local Richardson number in the context of the effect of the localization of buoyancy forces action is analyzed. For the conditions under consideration, the dependence of turbulent transfer intensity on the effect of Archimedean forces is investigated. It is shown that this action causes oppression of turbulent transport, which is most significantly manifested near the wall of the tube.
2. Abdulah R., Malin M., Agranat V., Pioro I. C FD Prediction of Mixed-Convection Heat Transfer in Supercritical Water in a Bare Tube. Proceeding of the 23th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 23). May 17-21. 2015. Chiba. Japan. Paper #1108. 10p.
3. Fialko N.M., Prokopov V.G., Sherenkovskyi Yu.V., Meranova N.O., Alioshko S.A., Vlasenko T.S., Sharaevskyi I.G., Zimin L.B., Stryzheus S.N., Khmil D.P. Specifics of Changes of the Thermophysical Properties of Supercritical Water at the Flow in Round Heated Tubes. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU. 2018. V.28.№3. P.117 - 121. (in Rus).
4. Zvorykina A., Fialko N., Stryzheus S., Khmil D., Pioro I. CFD Analysis of Supercritical Water Flow and Heat Transfer in Vertical Bare Tubes. Proceeding of the 26th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 26) London. England. 2018. Paper #81045. 13p.
5. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Mayson N.V., Meranova N.O. Simulation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Pressures. Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2016. №3. P. 10-17. (in Rus).
6. Farah A., Harvel G., Pioro I. Assessment of Fluent CFD Code as an Analysis Tool for Supercritical-Water Heat-Transfer Applications. Proceeding of the 15th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermahydraulics (NURETH -15). May 17-21. 2013. Pisa.Italy. Paper #118. 13p.
7. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Mayson N.V., Meranova N.O., Sharaevskyi I.G. Effect of Mass Flux on Flow Characteristic and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters. Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2016. №4. P. 5-13. (in Rus).
8. Yang J., Oka Y., Ishiwatari Y., Liu J., Yoo J. Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer in Upward of Supercritical Water in Circular Tubes and Tight Fuel Rod Bundles. Nuclear Engineering and Design. 2007. V. 237. P. 420-430.
9. Fialko N.M., Sherenkovskyi Yu.V., Meranova N.O., Alioshko S.A., Stryzheus S.N., Voitenko A.Yu., Khmil D.P., Brusinskaya Ya.V., Ostapchuk T.S. Characteristics of Heat Transfer in Vertical Pipes at Supercritical Pressures. Collection of Works "Problems of Ecology and Operation of Energy Facilities". Kiev: IPC ALCON. 2017. P.122-126. (in Rus).
10. Zvorykin A., Fialko N., Sherenkovskyi Ju., Alioshko S., Meranova N., Hanzha M., Bashkir I., Stryzheus S., Voitenko A., Pioro I. CFD Study on Specifics of Flow and Heat Transfer in Vertical Bare Tubes Cooled with Water at Supercritical Pressure. Proceeding of the 25th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 25). July 2-6. 2017. Shanghai. China. Paper #68528. 11p.
11. Shang Z. CFD Investigations of Vertical Rod Bundles of Supercritical Water-Cooled Nuclear Reactor. Nuclear Engineering and Design. 2009. V. 239. P. 2562-2572.
12. Zvorykin A., Fialko N., Meranova N., Alioshko S., Maison N., Voitenko A., Pioro I. Computer Simulation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters. Proceeding of the 24th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 24). June 26-30. 2016. Charlotte. NC USA. Paper #60390. 12p.
13. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Prokopov V.G., Sherenkovskyi Yu.V., Meranova N.O., Alioshko S.A. CFD Modeling of Heat Transfer under Flow of Supercritical Parameters Water in Vertical Bare Tubes. Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2018. № 1. P. 12-20. (in Ukr)
Abstract views: 238 PDF Downloads: 186
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.