FEATURES OF THE APPLICATION OF THE IQLAB PROGRAM FOR SOLVING THE INVERSE HEAT CONDUCTION PROBLEM FOR CHROMIUM-NICKEL CYLINDRICAL THERMOSONDES
The paper presents an experimental-computational study of the results of using the IQLab program to solve inverse heat conduction problem and restore the surface temperature of cylindrical thermosondes from heat-resistant chromium-nickel alloys while cooling them in liquid media.
The purpose of this paper is to verify the correct operation of the IQLab program when restoring the surface temperature of thermosondes with 1-3 thermocouples. The IQLab program is also designed to solve one-dimensional nonlinear direct lines and inverse heat conduction problems with constant initial and boundary conditions specified as a function of time in a tabular form with a constant and variable time step. A finite-difference method is used to solve the heat equation.
Experiments were carried out on samples D = 10-50 mm in liquids with different cooling capacities such as aqueous solutions of NaCl and Yukon-E polymer, rapeseed oil and I-20A mineral oil. For the calculation we used the readings of thermocouples installed at internal points of cylindrical thermosondes.
The advantages of solving inverse heat conduction problems with the IQLab program include the possibility of restoring the surface temperature for cylindrical samples with a diameter of 10 mm to 50 mm with practical accuracy according to the indications of a single thermocouple located in the geometrical center of the thermosonde, which simplifies the manufacture of the probe. For larger dimensions with a diameter D ≥ 50 mm, it is necessary to install control intermediate thermocouples and perform additional tests.
The solution of inverse heat conduction problems and restoration of the surface temperature of the sample makes it possible to calculate other important characteristics of the cooling process: the heat flux density and the heat transfer coefficient.
2. ISO 9950, "Industrial Quenching Oils-Determination of Cooling Characteristics-Nickel-Alloy Probe Test Method, 1995 (E)," International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, 1995.
3. ASTM D6200-01, Standard Test Method for Determination of Cooling Characteristics of Quench Oils by Cooling Curve Analysis, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 2012, www.astm.org.
4. Kobasko, N., and Liscic, B., LISCIC / PETROFER probe to investigate real industrial hardening processes and some fundamentals during quenching of steel parts in liquid media., EUREKA: Physics and Engineering , 2017, No. 6.
5. Zotov E.N., Moskalenko A.A., Razumtseva O.V., Protsenko L.N. Determination of the coefficient of heat transfer during cooling of silver thermosondes taking into account the effects of temperature-time delay. Journal of Industrial Heat Engineering (Promyshlennaya Teplotekhnika), 2017, Vol. 39, No. 5, p. 34–40, (Rus).
6. Dobrivecher V.V., Zotov E.N., Kobasko N.I., Morgunyuk V.S., Sergeev Yu.V. The software complex "IQLab", commercially distributed by "Intensive technologies LTD" (iqlab@itl/kiev.ua), (Rus).
7. Zotov E.N., Moskalenko A.A., Dobrivecher V.V., Kobasko N.I., Deineko L.N. Using the IQLab program to select the optimal modes for the heat treatment of steel products. Collection of reports of the 6th International Conference "Equipment and Technologies for Heat Treatment of Metals and Alloys", (OTTOM-6), Part II, Kharkov, NSC KIPT, CPC "Contrast", 2005, p.106–115, (Rus).
8. Krukovsky P.G. Inverse problems of heat and mass transfer (General engineering approach). Kiev: Institute of Engineering Thermophysics, 1998, 224 p, (Rus).
Abstract views: 42 PDF Downloads: 41
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.