CFD ANALYSIS OF THE HEAT TRANSFER OF SUPERCRITICAL WATER UNDER CONDITIONS OF MIXED CONVECTION
The results of computer modeling of heat exchange supercritical water, associated with the influence of gravity, are presented. CFD prediction data on heat transfer coefficients and temperatures of the inside surface of the tube wall, obtained with and without buoyancy, are presented. An interpretation of these predictions, which is associated with the turbulent transfer extinction near the tube wall in the case of buoyancy forces, is given. The analysis of the influence of buoyancy forces on the configuration of the radial temperature profiles of supercritical water was performed. The data on the regularities of motion of the pseudo-phase transition front in the presence and absence of accounting for buoyancy forces have been obtained.
2. Pioro I., Duffey R., Heat Transfer and Hydraulic Resistance at Supercritical Pressures in Power Engineering Applications. ASME Press. New York. NY. USA. 2007. 334 p.
3. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Prokopov V.G., Sherenkovskyi Yu.V., Meranova N.O., Alioshko S.A. CFD Modeling of Heat Transfer under Flow of Supercritical Parameters Water in Vertical Bare Tubes. Industrial Heat Engineering. 2018. № 1. P. 12-20. (in Ukr)
4. Fialko N.M., Prokopov V.G., Sherenkovskyi Yu.V., Meranova N.O., Alioshko S.A., Vlasenko T.S., Sharaevskyi I.G., Zimin L.B., Stryzheus S.N., Khmil D.P. Specifics of Changes of the Thermophysical Properties of Supercritical Water at the Flow in Round Heated Tubes. Scientific Bulletin of UNFU. 2018. V.28.№3. P.117 - 121. (in Rus).
5. Abdulah R., Malin M., Agranat V., Pioro I. C FD Prediction of Mixed-Convection Heat Transfer in Supercritical Water in a Bare Tube. Proceeding of the 23th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 23). May 17-21. 2015. Chiba. Japan. Paper #1108. 10p.
6. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Sherenkovskyi Yu.V., Maison N.V., Meranova N.O., Sharaevskyi I.G. Effects of Heat Flux in the Channel Wall and Water Pressure on the Characteristics of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters. Industrial Heat Engineering. 2016. №5. P. 5-13. (in Rus).
7. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Mayson N.V., Meranova N.O. Simulation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Pressures. Industrial Heat Engineering. 2016. №3. P. 10-17. (in Rus).
8. Zvorykina A., Fialko N., Stryzheus S., Khmil D., Pioro I. CFD Analysis of Supercritical Water Flow and Heat Transfer in Vertical Bare Tubes. Proceeding of the 26th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 26) London. England. 2018. Paper #81045. 13p.
9. Fialko N.M., Pioro I.L., Mayson N.V., Meranova N.O., Sharaevskyi I.G. Effect of Mass Flux on Flow Characteristic and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters. Industrial Heat Engineering. 2016. №4. P. 5-13. (in Rus).
10. Farah A., Harvel G., Pioro I. Assessment of Fluent CFD Code as an Analysis Tool for Supercritical-Water Heat-Transfer Applications. Proceeding of the 15th International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermahydraulics (NURETH -15). May 17-21. 2013. Pisa. Italy. Paper #118. 13p.
11. Fialko N.M., Nosovskyi A.V., Sherenkovskyi Ju.V., Meranova N.O., Sharaevskyi I.G, Pioro I.L. Specifics of the flow of supercritical water under conditions of mixed convection. Industrial heat engineering. 2018. Industrial Heat Engineering. 2018. №3. P.12-19. (in Ukr).
12. Yang J., Oka Y., Ishiwatari Y., Liu J., Yoo J. Numerical Investigation of Heat Transfer in Upward of Supercritical Water in Circular Tubes and Tight Fuel Rod Bundles. Nuclear Engineering and Design. 2007. V. 237. P. 420-430.
13. Zvorykin A., Fialko N., Meranova N., Alioshko S., Maison N., Voitenko A., Pioro I. Computer Simulation of Flow and Heat Transfer in Bare Tubes at Supercritical Parameters. Proceeding of the 24th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 24). June 26-30. 2016. Charlotte. NC USA. Paper #60390. 12p.
14. Shang Z. CFD Investigations of Vertical Rod Bundles of Supercritical Water-Cooled Nuclear Reactor. Nuclear Engineering and Design. 2009. V. 239. P. 2562-2572.
15. Zvorykin A., Fialko N., Sherenkovskyi Ju., Alioshko S., Meranova N., Hanzha M., Bashkir I., Stryzheus S., Voitenko A., Pioro I. CFD Study on Specifics of Flow and Heat Transfer in Vertical Bare Tubes Cooled with Water at Supercritical Pressure. Proceeding of the 25th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE 25). July 2-6. 2017. Shanghai. China. Paper #68528. 11p.
Abstract views: 139 PDF Downloads: 58
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.