ANALYSIS OF FLOW AND HEAT TRANSFER IN THE BOUNDARY LAYER OF FLUID WITH ESSENTIAL DEPENDENCE OF VISCOSITY FROM TEMPERATURE
The introduction of new environmentally safe, durable and fire-resistant thermal insulation based on basalt fiber requires the improvement of technological processes for the production of basalt filaments in order to increase their energy efficiency. The quality of basalt fiber significantly depends on the properties of the basalt melt in the process. The process is considered to be more perfect than the more homogeneous and isotropic final properties of the melt. The conditions of flow and heat transfer in the bath and feeder of the melting furnace have a significant impact on the final properties of the melt.
The paper presents the results of studies of heat transfer in the boundary layer on a flat plate with the flow of a liquid, the viscosity of which depends significantly on temperature. The system of differential equations, which describes the steady-state flow regime, is solved using symmetry analysis (analysis of Lie groups).
On the basis of the developed mathematical model, new results were obtained which characterize the regularities of the flow and heat exchange of a highly viscous fluid in the range of temperature variations from 900 to 1450 ° C. The conditions for the formation of a low-mobility layer of liquid near a solid surface are determined. The influence of the value of a low-mobility fluid layer on the temperature distribution in the boundary layer of basalt melt is established.
The results obtained allow us to adjust the temperature regimes in the melting furnace and improve the process of manufacturing ultrathin basalt threads.
2. Information on http://www.bbc.com/russian/news-40366259
3. Trefilov V.I., Mahova M.F., Dzhigiris D.D. Mineral'no-syr'evaya baza gornyh porod Ukrainy dlya proizvodstva volokon. Analiticheskij obzor, [Mineral and raw material base of rocks of Ukraine for the production of fibers. Analytical review], Promyshlennost' stroitel'nyh materialov. Seriya 6. [Industry building materials. Series 6], 1992. №6. 88р. (in Rus.)
4. Mahova M.F., Dzhigiris D.D. Osnovy proizvodstva bazal'tovyh volokon i izdelij, [Basics of basalt fiber production and products]. М.: Teploehnergetik, 2002. 416 p. (in Rus.)
5. Polevoj P.P. Teploobmennye processy pri poluchenii volokna razduvom mineral'nyh nitej vysokotemperaturnymi gazovymi potokami, [Heat transfer processes in the production of fiber blown mineral fibers by high-temperature gas flows] Kiev: Diss. kand. Nauk, 1982. – 193 p. (in Rus.)
6. Shlihting G. Teoriya pogranichnogo sloya, [The theory Boundary layer] – М.: Nauka, 1969. 387 p. (in Rus.)
7. Avramenko A.A., Basok B.I., Kuznetsov A.V. Gruppovye metody v teplofizike, [Group methods in thermal physics]. Kiev. Naukova dumka, 2003. 484 p. (in Rus.)
8. Avramenko A. A., Blinov D. G., and Shevchuk I. V. Self-similar analysis of fluid flow and heat-mass transfer of nanofluids in boundary layer. Physics of fluids. 2011. V. 23(8): 082002.
9. Avramenko A. A., Kobzar S.G., Shevchuk I.V., Kuznetsov A.V., Iwanisov L.T. Symmetry of turbulent boundary-layer flows: Investigation of different eddy viscosity models. Acta Mechanica. 2001. V.151(1-2). P.1 – 14.
10. Avramenko A. A., Blinov D. G., Shevchuk I. V., Kuznetsov A. V. Symmetry analysis and self-similar forms of fluid flow and heat-mass transfer in turbulent boundary layer flow of a nanofluid. Phys. Fluids. 2012. V. 24. P. 092003-1 – 092003-20.
11. Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Abdallah S., Blinov D. G., Harmandd S., Tyrinov A. I. Symmetry analysis for film boiling of nanoﬂuids on a vertical plate using a nonlinear approach. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 2016. V. 223. P. 156 – 164.
12. Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Abdallah S., Blinov D. G., Tyrinov A. I. Self-similar analysis of ﬂuid ﬂow, heat, and mass transfer at orthogonal nanoﬂuid impingement onto a flat surface. Phys. Fluids. 2017. V. 29. P. 052005-1 – 052005-11.
13. Maxwell J. C. Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism (Oxford University Press, London, 1904).
Abstract views: 50 PDF Downloads: 43
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.