DETERMINATION OF LOAD DURATION CURVE (ROSSANDER GRAPH) FOR THE REGIONS OF UKRAINE
The purpose of this work is to determine the duration of the ambient air temperatures of different gradations during heating periods in different regions of Ukraine, based on the climatic data for 2005-2018 and the construction of load duration curves for the respective regions. The load duration curve (Rossander graph) is used to determine the number of maximum thermal load using hours, as well as in cases where the thermal load is provided by several sources - to determine their level of participation in the total annual heat energy production. It is important for a more accurate technical and economic evaluation of implementation results for some thermal energy sources. The climatic data of meteorological stations located in the regional centers of Ukraine and the capital of Autonomous Republic of Crimea, or as close as possible to them, were used for the study. The climatic data of heating periods from the autumn of 2005 to 2018 were considered. As the result of study, the duration of various degrees of ambient air temperature in the heating period was determined for all the regional centers of Ukraine. Taking into account the significant climatic differences in the regions of Ukraine, the results were analyzed separately for two groups of regions, for which, according to averaged data, load duration curves were determined. The examples of using of obtained results for calculations are given. On the basis of obtained data regarding duration of ambient temperatures higher than +8°C during the heating season, the energy saving potential of implementation of weather-dependent regulation of heat energy production for heating purposes in different regions was theoretically estimated, which is, on average, 8.4% for the first temperature zone (north, center) and 13% for the second zone (south).
2. Sokolov E.YA. Teplofikatsiya i teplovye sety [District Heating and heat supply networks]. M.: Izd-vo MEI, 2001. – 472 c. (in Rus).
3. Spravochnoe posobie k SNiP 2.01.01-82 «Stroitelnye klimatolohyya i heofizika» [Reference book to SNiP 2.01.01-82 "Construction Climatology and Geophysics"]. NIISF Hosstroya SSSR. (in Rus).
4. DSTU-N B V.1.1-27:2010 «Budivelna klimatolohiya» [State Standard of Ukraine “Construction Climatology”]. K.: Minrehionbud Ukrainy, 2011. (in Ukr).
5. Mode of access:http://rp5.ua
6. KTM 204 Ukraina 244-94 Normy ta vkazivky po normuvannyu vytrat palyva ta teplovoyi enerhiyi na opalennya zhytlovykh ta hromadskykh sporud, a takozh na hospodarsko-pobutovi potreby v Ukrayini [Norms and guidelines for standardization of fuel and heat energy costs for the heating of residential and public buildings, as well as for household and domestic needs in Ukraine]. (in Ukr).
7. DBN V.2.6-31:2006 Konstruktsiyi budynkiv i sporud. Teplova izolyatsiya budivel. Zmina №1 [State Building Codes “Constructions of buildings and structures. Thermal insulation of buildings”. Change No. 1]. DP «Derzhavnyi naukovo-doslidnyi instytut budivelnykh konstruktsii». (in Ukr).
Abstract views: 224 PDF Downloads: 497
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.