TEMPERATURE STABILIZATION OF MICROCHANNEL FLOW
The purpose of this work is to determine the nature of the effect of the intensity of slipping the medium on the walls of the microchannel on the temperature stabilization of the flow in the microchannel. To achieve this goal, numerical simulation of the start flow in flat, round, and rectangular microchannels was performed using the Boltzmann Speech Method. The heat exchange in the initial region in flat, round and rectangular microchannels is analyzed. The influence of the fluid acceleration intensity on the stabilization of the flow temperature in the microchannel is determined.
2. Shu J. J., Teo J. B. M., Chan W. K. A new model for fluid velocity slip on a solid surface //Soft Matter. 2016. V. 12. №. 40, P. 8388–8397.
3. Chen S., Tian Z. Simulation of microchannel flow using the lattice Boltzmann method //Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.2009. V. 388. №. 23, P. 4803–4810.
4. Wang H. et al. Simple approach for modeling flow in a microchannel //Smart Electronics and MEMS II. – International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2001. V. 4236, P. 99–107.
5. You J. et al. Modeling the effect of channel bends on microfluidic flow //IASME Trans. 2005. V. 1. №. 1, P. 144–151.
6. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P., Kravchuk A. V., Shevchuk V. I. Mixed convection in a vertical ﬂat microchannel // International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2017. 106, P. 1164–1173.
7. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P., Kravchuk A. V., Shevchuk V. I. Mixed convection in a vertical circular microchannel // International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2017. 121, P. 1–12.
8. Avramenko A. A., Kovetska Yu. Yu., Shevchuk I. V., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk V. I. Mixed Convection in Vertical Flat and Circular Porous Microchannels // Transport in Porous Media. - 2018. - Volume 124, Issue 3. P. 919–941.
9. Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Kravchuk A. V. Turbulent incompressible microflow between rotating parallel plates // European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. 2018. 71. P. 35–46.
10. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V. An analytical and numerical study on the start-up flow of slightly rarefied gases in a parallel-plate channel and a pipe // Phys. Fluids. 2015. 27, P. 042001-1 - 042001-18.
11. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V. Theoretical investigation of steady isothermal slip flow in a curved microchannel with a rectangular cross-section and constant radii of wall curvature // European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. 2015. 54, P. 87–97.
12. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V. Start-up slip flow in a microchannel with a rectangular cross section // Theor. Comput. Fluid Dyn. 2015. 29, P. 351–371.
13. Agrawal A., Prabhu S. V. Deduction of slip coefficient in slip and transition regimes from existing cylindrical Couette flow data //Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science. 2008. V. 32. №. 4, P. 991–996.
14. He X., Luo L. S. Theory of the lattice Boltzmann method: From the Boltzmann equation to the lattice Boltzmann equation //Physical Review E. 1997. V. 56. №. 6, 6811 p.
15. Peng Y., Shu C., Chew Y. T. A 3D incompressible thermal lattice Boltzmann model and its application to simulate natural convection in a cubic cavity //Journal of Computational Physics. 2004. V. 193. №. 1, P. 260–274.
Abstract views: 54 PDF Downloads: 48
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.