RESEARCH OF EFFECT OF DPEI-PROCESSING OF SHIITAKE FRUIT BODY ON PHYSICAL AND MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF MUSHROOM SUSPENSION
The use of discrete-pulse energy input (DPEI) mechanisms in various industries has become a reliable tool for the intensification of heat and mass transfer processes in various technological lines and reduction of specific energy consumption. The study of structural transformations in heterogeneous systems under influence of mechanisms of DPEI opens up new possibilities for their use as evidenced by this article. Under certain conditions it is possible to prepare a mushroom suspension with specified characteristics for drying and enhance medicinal properties of the obtained powder product while retaining all valuable components of feedstock.
The article presents the results of research of DPEI-processing effect of the shiitake mushroom fruit body on the on physical and mechanical properties and structural characteristics of the mushroom suspension. The influence of hydro module, temperature of the suspension and the layout of the working bodies of the rotor-pulse apparatus (RPA) on its dynamic viscosity was studied and the possibility of reducing viscosity by 2-3 times is shown. An analysis of mushroom suspension microstructure has showed that with a certain layout of the working bodies of the RPA it is possible to control the degree of dispersion of particles and change the spatial structure of the aggregates in the volume of the dispersion medium. It is determined that self-organization of spatial aggregates from individual hyphae in such suspensions occurs over time. Moreover, the smaller the size of hyphae (≤ 25 microns after the RPA of the first version of the arrangement: rotor-stator-rotor) are, the larger the size of the spatial aggregates are formed. After the RPA with the second layout option, the fragments of hyphae had sizes ≥ 50 μm, but the dimensions of the spatial aggregates were three times smaller.
It is found that after three times passing of the mushroom suspension through the RPA and its subsequent treatment in the cavitation device, the dynamic viscosity of the suspension is reduced by 20%.
Confirmation of the the effectiveness of the DPEI-mechanisms in obtaining mushroom suspension is that due to the hydromechanical destruction of the polysaccharide structures of the chitin-glucan complex of the shiitake mushroom the content of the bioavailable complex of water-soluble oncostatic and immunoregulatory polysaccharides in the powder obtained by drying the mushroom suspension in an experimental spray dryer increased 6 times. References 13, figures 6.
2. Wasser S. [Biological properties of medicinal macromycetes in culture: Collection of scientific papers in two volumes], Kyiv, 2012. V.2, 459 p. (Rus.)
3. Tsivileva O.М. [Natural biologically active substances of fungal origin], [Chemistry of biologically active substances: Interuniversity collection of scientific papers], Saratov: Publishing House "KUBiK", 2012. P. 30–32. (Rus.)
4. Wasser S.P. [Medicinal mushroom science: Current perspectives, advances, evidences and challenges], [Biomedical journal], 2014. 37(6). P. 345–356. (Eng.)
5. Lukyanchuk V.D., Mishchenko Е.М., Babenko М.N. [Beta glucans as a basis for creating immunomodulating agents], [Ukrainian medical journal]. 2011. Vol. 5 (85). P. 92-93. (Rus.)
6. Nudha L.A. [Structural chemical modification of chitin, chitosan and chitin-glucan complex], IPA thesis, Saint-Petersburg. 2006. 361 p. (Rus)
7. Herasymenia V.P. Humarhalyeva K.Z., Zaharov S.V. et al. [Extracts of basidiomycetes and their multifunctional medico-biological activity], Moscow: Semenov institute of chemical physics of Rassian Academy of Sciences, PLC «Inbiopharm», 2014. 128 p. (Rus.)
8. Wasser S.P. [Medicinal mushrooms as a source of antitumor and immunomodulating polysaccharides], [Applied microbiology and biotechnology], 2002. 60 (3). P. 258-274. (Eng.)
9. Iozep А.А. [Development of ways to modify natural polysaccharides in order to create new biologically active substances], Saint-Petersburg, dissertation abstract... doctor of pharmacy: 15.00.02, 1999. 48 p. (Rus)
10. Baranov H.А., Beliaev А.А., Onikienko S.B. et. al. [Hydrodynamic effects causing modification of polysaccharides upon irradiation of their aqueous solution with a laser beam], [Technical Physics Letters], 2002, V. 28, Iss. 17. P. 25–30. (Rus)
11. Dolinskyi А.А., Avramenko А.О., Ivanytskyi H.К. [Physical principles, mathematical approaches and technological aspects of using DPEI to control the kinetics of the flow of nano-level processes in dispersed and supramolecular systems], Кyiv, [Мicro- and nano-level processes in DPEI technologies], 2015. P. 308-323. (Ukr.)
12. Basok B.I., Davydenko B.V. [Features of hydrodynamics, heat transfer and dispersion processes in working volumes of cylindrical rotary pulsation apparatus], Kyiv, [Мicro- and nano-level processes in DPEI technologies], 2015. P. 62–84. (Rus.)
13. Lytviak V. [Chitin-glucan complex: preparation and properties], [The Science and Innovations], 2016. 9 (163). (Rus.)
Abstract views: 91 PDF Downloads: 74
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.