ANALYSIS OF THE POSSIBILITIES FOR SAVING AND DEVELOPMENT OF DISTRICT HEATING SYSTEMS ІN UKRAINE
Purpose of the paper is to analyze the main causes leading to the destruction of DH systems in Ukraine, as well as the search for ways to modernize the existing worn-out DH system. After comparison of DH and individual systems, it was concluded that in order to retain the leading positions, the DH should generate heat significantly (by 20-40%) cheaper than individual systems. Several technical measures have been examined in detail and evaluated, namely: transition to cheaper fuels, in particular biomass; transition to technologies that are more efficient for generation of thermal energy (CHP, cogeneration plants, condensing economizers). In addition, it is necessary to create conditions for full-fledged competitiveness of Communal Utilities with independent heat producers, in particular, a simplification of networks connection procedure. No special requirements should be put other than heat carrier parameters and lower heat price. A reliable parallel operation of Communal Utilities and independent companies is possible in DH systems exceeding 50 Gcal / h. The emerged competition must induce Communal Utilities to use biomass on their own CHPs and boilers and produce cheaper heat. An important organizational measure is a full transition from the "cost +" principle in tariff formation to incentive tariff formation. It is also necessary to determine tariff costs separately by each type of licensed activity (production, transportation and supply of heat energy), while not allowing cross subsidies. Summing up the above suggestions it is concluded that state authorities should adopt program documents with strategic direction for the preservation and development of the DH systems.
2. Geletukha G., Zheliezna T., Oliynyk E Perspektyvy vyrobnytstva teplovoi enerhii z biomasy v Ukraini [Prospects for the production of heat energy from biomass in Ukraine]// UABio Position Paper N6
3. Geletukha G., Zheliezna T., Bashtovyi A. Analiz modelei funktsionuvannia sektoru tsentralizovanoho teplopostachannia krain yevropeiskoho soiuzu. Chastyna 1 [Analysis of the functioning models of the district heating sector in the countries of the European Union. Part 1]// ISSN 0204-3602. Engineering Thermal Physics, 2016, t. 38, N 4
4. State Statistics of Ukraine
5. Publication of NAK Naftogaz of Ukraine
6. Dombrovsky O., Korsakaite D., Geletukha G., Savchuk S. [What bioenergy can do to overcome gas crisis], March 27, 2018, [Economical truth] (Ukr.)
7. Eurostat Publication
Abstract views: 170 PDF Downloads: 192
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.