RESEARCH OF THE APPLICATION EFFICIENCY OF DIFFERENT CONSTRUCTIONS OF FLOW CAVITATION MIXERS
The material which is accumulated for today about the application of hydrodynamic cavitation in technological processes makes it possible to determine the perspective areas of its use - in the processes of mass transfer, mixing, dissolution, dispersion and emulsification in the processing of liquid heterogeneous systems and the creation of modern energy-saving technologies.
The purpose of this article is to study the effectiveness of the use of different designs of flow cavitation mixers for the treatment of liquid heterogeneous disperse systems and to identify the main industries for their use.
Cavitational apparatus can be effectively used in performing such technological processes as mixing difficult to mix liquids, dissolving solids in liquids, obtaining stable, multicomponent high dispersion emulsions without using of stabilizers, dispersing suspensions in liquid-liquid systems, accelerating extraction and diffusion, and many others. Hydrodynamic cavitation can be used in technologies to produce lubricants, fuel materials, varnishes and paints, building materials, detergents, etc.
Different designs of cavitation devices allow to obtain different forms of cavitation, different ways of obtaining it or their combination, depending on the purpose and field of use. Apparatus whose action is based on the use of hydrodynamic cavitation represent an effective equipment that accelerates technological processes in liquid media while significantly reducing the specific energy consumption.
The structures of hydrodynamic cavitation devices provide multiple rearrangements of the velocity field and change the direction of fluid flow and mix components. The main feature of the devices is small dimensions with high performance. Distinctive features of this type of equipment are ensuring the continuity of the chemical-technological process and its high intensification, the possibility of realizing large quantities of deformations and strain of displacement, intensive hydrodynamic and cavitation effects, which results in high-quality mixing of components, intensification of diffusion processes, simplicity and reliability of hardware design. The economic efficiency of the application of hydrodynamic cavitational apparatus is determined by the low metal capacity of the equipment, low maintenance and operation costs compared with capacitive mixing equipment.
2. Fedotkin I.M, Gulyy I.S. [Cavitation, cavitation technology and technology, their use in industry (theoretical basis of production, calculations and design of cavitation heat generators) Part II.] Kiev: JSC "OKO", 2000. 898 p. (Rus)
3. Cavitator: Pat. 2516638 Russian Federation, IPC B05B1/34 (2006.01). No. 2012155933/05; Dec 21, 2012, Publ. 20/05/2014 (Rus)
4. Hydrodynamic cavitation reactor: Pat. 84256 Russian Federation, IPC B01F5/00 (2006.01). No. 2008109717/22; March 17, 2008, publ. July 10, 2009 (Rus)
5. Cavitational mixer of flowing type: pat. 11842 Ukraine, IPC (2006) B01F 5/00. No. u200506265; 24.06.2005; publ. Jan 16, 2006, bul. No.1 (Ukr)
6. Tarasenko T.V., Zayonchkovsky G.Y. [Purification of elements of gidroaparaturi for additional technology]. Technology and production reserves No 2/2 (10), 2013. P/ 7-10 (Ukr)
7. Method for obtaining silver nanoparticles: Pat. 2448810 Russian Federation, IPC B22F9/24, B82B3/00. No. 2011113035/02; May 04, 2011; publ. April 27, 2012 (Rus)
8. Cavitational mixer: pat. 1398 Ukraine, IPC (2006) B01F 5/00. No. 93250341: Febr. 02, 1993; publ. March 25, 1994, No. 1 (Ukr)
9. Matiyschuk A.M., Matyaschuk O.V. [Use of cavitation effects to treat liquid media]. Modern problems and ways of their solution in science, transport, production and education 2013. Report. Technical sciences, Technologies of food products. SWorld 18-29 June 2013 (Ukr)
10. Preliminary dispersion: Pat. 2007120349 Russian Federation, IPC B01F3/00. No. 2007120349/15; May 31, 2007; publ. December 10, 2008 (Rus)
11. Cavitation mixer: pat. 108597 Ukraine, IPC (2016.01) B01F 3/00, B01F 5/00. No. u201600326. January 15, 2016; publ. 07/25/2015, No. 14 (Ukr)
12. Cavitational mixer: pat. 41126 Ukraine, IPC (2009) B01F 5/00. No. u200812866; November 04, 2008; publ. May 12, 2009, No. 9 (Ukr)
13. Cavitation Mixer: Pat. 106510 Ukraine, IPC (2016.01) B01F 3/00. No. u201511177; November 13, 2015; publ. April 25, 2014, No. 8 (Ukr)
14. Cavitation Apparatus: Pat. 52910 Ukraine, IPC (2009) B01F 3/00, D21B 1/00. No. u201004377; April 14, 2010; publ. October 09,2010, No. 17 (Ukr)
15. Multi-chamber supercavitation reactor: Pat. US 2007/0189114 A1 USA, Int. Cl B01F 5/08, B01J 19/26. No. 11 / 679,665, February 27, 2007; Pub, date 16.08.2007
Abstract views: 74 PDF Downloads: 72
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.