Efficiency of the regenerative cycle of Brighton with variable thermophysical properties of the working fluid
The desire to increase the thermodynamic efficiency of power machines and units now leads to use of gas turbine units with heat recovery in the cycle. Such devices are used as power and transport GTUs, as well as energy conversion units for prospective fourth generation nuclear power plants. Thermodynamic efficiency of the ideal Brighton cycle with heat regeneration with constant thermophysical properties of the working fluid, as well as the Brighton cycle with heat recovery and the wetting of the working fluid at the inlet to the turbine (with variable thermophysical properties of the working fluid) is considered in this paper. The inapplicability of comparison of the thermal efficiency of the Brighton cycle with heat recovery and the wetting of the working fluid at the inlet to the turbine with the thermal efficiency of the equivalent ideal Carnot cycle is shown.
2. Burtsev S.I., Tsvetkov Yu.N. [Wet air. Composition and properties: Tutorial.] St. Petersburg: SPb GAHPT. 1998. 146 p. [in Russian].
3. Novikov I.I. [Thermodynamics: A manual for students of power engineering and heat engineering specialties of technical colleges.] Moscow: Mashinostroenie [Mechanical engineering], 1984.592 p. [in Russian].
4. Kudinov V.A., Kartashov E.M. [Technical thermodynamics. Textbook for technical colleges.] Moscow: Vysshaya shkola [High school], 2000. 261 p. [in Russian].
5. Arseniev L.V. & Tyryshkina V.G. (Ed.). [Gas turbine installations: design and calculation: Reference guide.] Leningrad: Mashinostroenie [Mechanical engineering], 1978. 232 p. [in Russian].
6. Khalatov A.A., Kovalenko A.S., Severin S.D., Kovalenko G.V. [Possibilities of increasing the efficiency of air heat utilization for gas turbine drives.] Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2015. V. 37. № 6. P. 21–30. [in Russian].
Abstract views: 88 PDF Downloads: 81
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.