EFFECT OF WATER TEMPERATURE AT INLET TO THE STEAM GENERATING CHANNEL ON STABILITY OF THE TWO-PHASE FLOW
The paper considers the influence of the coolant temperature on stability of the flow in the closed loop of thermal-hydraulic test bench in the natural circulation mode. The loop includes a lifting section with a heated and unheated zone, condenser and lowering section where the single-phase coolant flows. The regime is considered, when the heat flow on the wall of the heated channel remains constant and the temperature of the coolant inlet increases.
The effect of underheating at entrance to heated channel on the stability of the natural circulation of the coolant is considered. A one dimensional unsteady mathematical model of a two-phase coolant flow is presented. Boundaries of natural circulation instability region are determined depending on the coolant underheating at the entrance to the heated channel. Fluctuations in coolant flow rate are characterized by regular shape and an antiphase change in the flow rate at the outlet.
The ambiguous effect of underheating of the coolant at the entrance to the steam generating channel on the boundary of the stability of a two-phase flow is shown: at low values of underheating, its increasing destabilizes flow; at large underheating its increasing stabilizes the flow.
2. Morozov I.I., Gerliga V.A.[ Stability boiling apparatus], Moskva, Atomizdat, [Atomizdat], 1969. 280p. (Rus)
3. Mitenkov F.M., Motorov B.I.[Mechanisms of instability of processes in thermal and nuclear power engineering], Moskva, Energoizdat, [Energoizdat], 1983. 96p. (Rus)
4. Habenskij V.A., Gerliga V.A.[The instability of the flow of coolant in the elements of power engineering], SPb.: Nauka, [Nauka], 1994. 288p. (Rus)
5. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V., Basok B.I., Blinov D.G. Investigation of stability of a laminar flow in a parallel-plate channel filled with a fluid saturated porous medium. Phys. Fluids. 2005. V.17. - P. 094102-1 - 094102-6.
6. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V., Nield D.A. Instability of slip-flow in a channel occupied by a hyper-porous medium. Journal of Porous Media. 2007. V.10.P. 435 - 442.
7. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V. Flow instability in a curved porous channel formed by two concentric cylindrical surfaces. Transport in Porous Media. 2007. V. 69.P. 373 - 381.
8. Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Harmand S., Tyrinov A. I. Thermocapillary instability in an evaporating two-dimensional thin layer film. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2015. V.91. P. 77 – 88.
9. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P. Dean instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration non-uniformity. Phys. Fluids. 2016. V.28. P. 034104-1 - 034104-16.
10. Avramenko A. A., Tyrinov A. I., Shevchuk I. V., Dmitrenko N. P. Centrifugal instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration non-uniformity between co-axial rotating cylinders. European Journal of Mechanics B/Fluids. 2016. V.60. P. 90– 98.
11. Avramenko A. A., Shevchuk I. V., Moskalenko A. A., Lohvynenko P. N., Kovetska Yu. Yu. Instability of a vapor layer on a vertical surface at presence of nanoparticles. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2018. V.139. P. 87 – 98.
12. Kornienko Yu.N.[ Features of the behavior of the density wave instability boundaries in parallel channels with lifting sections under conditions of low mass velocities], Teplovye processy v tekhnike [Thermal processes in technology], 2014. V.6. №5. Р. 194201. (Rus.)
13. Antipov V.G.[Experimental determination of the boundaries of the non-equilibrium boiling region in the steam generating channel], Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 20011. V. 33. № 5. P. 13–19. (Rus.)
14. Kovetskaya M.M.[The crisis of heat transfer in the steam generating channels in non-stationary modes with increasing power], Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 20011. V. 33. № 3. P. 60–64. (Rus.)
15. Delaje Dzh., Gio M., Ritmyuller M.[ Heat transfer and hydrodynamics in nuclear and thermal power engineering], Moskva, Energoizdat, [Energoizdat], 1984. 424p. (Rus)
16. Kuznecov Yu.N.[ Heat transfer in the problem of safety of nuclear reactors], Moskva, Energoatomizdat, [Energoatomizdat], 1989. 296p. (Rus)
17. Kirillov P.L., YUr'ev YU.S., Bobkov V.P.[ Handbook of Thermo-Hydraulic Calculations], Moskva, Energoatomizdat, [Energoatomizdat], 1987. 376p. (Rus)
18. Osmachkin V.S., Lyscova N.I.[ About the calculation of the critical thermal loads in the beam rods], Moskva ,Preprint IAEH-2204,[ Preprint IAEH-2204], 1972.24p. (Rus)
19. Rouch P.[ Computational Fluid Dynamics], Moskva, Mir [Mir], 1980. 616p. (Rus)
20. Habenskij V.B., Baldina O.M., Kalinin R.I.[ The mechanism of pulsations and the influence of design and operating parameters on the stability boundary of the flow. Achievements in the study of heat transfer and hydrodynamics of two-phase flows in the elements of power equipment], Leningrad, Nauka [Nauka], 1973. 4866p. (Rus)
Abstract views: 10 PDF Downloads: 10
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.