DEVELOPMENT AND VERIFICATION OF APPROPRIATENESS FOR MATHEMATICAL MODEL OF HEAT BALANCE OF ELECTROTHERMAL FLUIDIZED BED REACTOR
Supply of heat through combustion of organic fuel is impossible or economically unviable for the raw of high temperature processes due to it’s technological peculiarities. Some of these processes can be carried out in electrothermal fluidized bed reactors. Development of appropriate mathematical model for heat balance will allow prognostication of capacity needed to carry out specific process and improvement of electrothermal fluidized bed reactor.
During the development of mathematical model methods of heat-mass exchange theory were applied. Verification of appropriateness for mathematical model was carried out through comparison of experimental results and calculated values of the amount of heat needed to perform the process of methane pyrolysis in electrothermal fluidized bed and coefficient of thermal efficiency of electrothermal fluidized bed reactor.
Comparison with real thermochemical process in electrothermal fluidized bed reactor confirms the appropriateness of mathematical model. Average deviation of mathematical model of heat balance and coefficient of thermal efficiency from obtained experimental values is 5…7 % and 6…9 % respectively. Proposed mathematical model can be applied in design of electrothermal fluidized bed reactors.
2. Fedorov , S. S., Gubinskii, M. V., Foris, S. N. Mathematical Simulation of the Structural Properties of Packed and Fluidized Beds. / Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics. 2016. 89(3). P. 627-635.
3. Gupta C. K. and Sathiyamoorthy D. Fluid Bed Technology in Materials Processing. New York: CRC Press LLC, 1999. 512 p.
4. Mahorin K.E., Pikashov V.S., Kuchin G.P. Teploobmen v vysokotemperaturnom kipjashhem sloe. [Heat transfer in a high-temperature fluidized bed]. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 1981. 148 p.
5. Bogomolov V.A. Issledovanie processa i razrabotka tehnologii piroliza prirodnogo gaza v dispersnyh sredah [Research of process and technology development of pyrolysis of natural gas in dispersion phases]: dissertation of the candidate of technical sciences. Kiev, 1982. 211 p. (Rus.)
6. Kozhan A.P. Issledovaniye elektrotermicheskikh psevdoozhizhennykh sistem (primenitel'no k vsokotemperaturnoy pererabotke prirodnogo gaza) [Investigation of electrothermal fluidized systems (applied to all-temperature processing of natural gas)]: . dissertation of the candidate of technical sciences. Kiev, 1978. 198 p. (Rus.)
7. Simeiko K.V. Ispolzovanie elektrotermicheskogo psevdoozhizhenogo sloya v kachestve vneshnego nagrevatelnogo elementa reaktora [Efficiency of electrothermal fluidized bed applying as the outer heating element of reactor]. Jenergotehnologii i resursozberezhenie [Energy technologies and resource]. 2015. № 1. P. 58 – 64. (Rus.)
8. Simeiko K.V., Sidorenko M.A Teplofizicheskie harakteristiki reaktora s jelektrotermicheskim psevdoozhizhenym sloem s kombinirovannym sposobom nagrevanija [Reactor's thermophysical characteristics with an electrothermal fluidized bed with a combined heating method] Jenergotehnologii i resursozberezhenie [Energy technologies and resource]. 2018. № 3. P. 59 – 66. (Rus.)
9. Simeiko K.V. Teplovi harakteristiki reaktoru dlya oderzhannya kapsulovanogo pIrovugletsem kvartsevogo pIsku pri prohodzhennI protsesu pIrolIzu metanu [Thermal characteristics of the reactor for pyrocarbon encapsulated quartz sand while passing the pyrolysis of methane]. Visnik SumDU. Seriya Tehnichni nauki [Sumy State University. Series Technical Sciences]. 2013. № 4. P. 119 – 123. (Ukr.)
10. Pat. 86131 Ukraine, B01J 8/18(2006.01), B01J 12/00. Reaktor dlja visokotemperaturnih procesіv [Reactor for high temperature processes] / V.O. Bogomolov O.P. Kozhan, B.I. Bondarenko, K.V. Simeiko; Applicant and patent holder: Gas institute of National academy of science of Ukraine. № u201309320; applic. date: 25.07.2013; publ. date: 10.12.2013. – Bull № 23. (Ukr.)
Abstract views: 78 PDF Downloads: 80
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.