REDUCTION OF NATURAL GAS CONSUMPTION AND REDUCTION OF EMISSIONS WITH COMBUSTION PRODUCTS IN MUNICIPAL HEAT SUPPLY
The technical solutions are proposed to reduce the consumption of natural gas, as well as to reduce emissions with combustion products in the municipal heat supply systems:
- New constructions of water-tube and water-fire-tube boilers with improved technical, economic and environmental characteristics have been developed. Replacing of old boilers with these boilers within Ukraine will provide an economic effect of about 100 thousand tons of fuel equivalent per year. NOx reduction will be up to 35%;
- The new temperature mode for heating networks 115/70 oС has been developed, which provides the amount of heat that is adequate to the needs of consumers, and is appropriate for use in cities of the country from an economic point of view. However, the implementation of such reduced temperature mode requires a corresponding change in the general requirements when issuing "Technical Specifications" for connection to district heating systems, necessitates changes in the temperature mode values in other documents, for example the general plan of the city, as well as the possible need to change the calculated heat loads in concluded contracts for heat supply to consumers. Nevertheless, the correction of temperature modes of cities should be considered as one of the possible measures to improve the energy efficiency of heat supply systems;
- The expediency of partial replacement of natural gas in the municipal heat supply systems of large cities of Ukraine with municipal solid waste (MSW) has been proved. The ways of improving the efficiency of mixed MSW combustion in conditions of country, including the extraction of "wet" biowaste from the total mass of mixed MSW with using a separate collection. are determined;
- To achieve compliance with the new more stringent European environmental standards, the highly efficient devices for cleaning combustion products from particulate matter and sulfur oxides have been developed. The efficiency of dust removal in centrifugal filters is 90...98%, in cyclone dust collectors - 90...93%. Desulfurization efficiency is up to 50%.
2. Rogovyj V., Sigal O. [Mastering of serial production of water-heating water-pipe boilers in Ukraine] Proc.: [Problems of ecology and operation of energy objects], K.: IPC ALCON NASU, 2003, p.29-36.
3. Rogovyj V., Sigal O., Kanygin O., Tuzman Y., Olefirenko A., Koval Y. [Design and testing of the prototype of the water-heating water-tube boiler KVB-1,0Gn with heat capacity of 1.0 MW] Proc.: [Problems of ecology and operation of energy objects], K.: IPC ALCON NASU, 2010, p.162-167.
4. Patent for invention UA #70831 A F24N1/00 "Hot water boiler" / Kanygin V., Sigal O. // Application No. 20031213004, Application Date: December 30, 2003, bulletin No. 10, 2004.
5. Directive 2008/98/EC of The European Parliament аnd of the Council of 19 November 2008 on waste and repealing certain Directives: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dir/2008/98/oj
6. Directive (EU) 2018/851 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 30 May 2018 amending Directive 2008/98/EC on waste: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2018.150.01.0109.01.ENG&toc=OJ:L:2018:150:TOC
7. Pavlyuk N., Sigal O. [Approaches to solid waste management in the world and in Ukraine] Industrial Heat Engineering, 2015, # 3, p.74-81.
8. Pavlyuk N. [Estimation of the amount of heat released during solid waste incineration] Proc.: [Problems of ecology and operation of energy objects], K.: IPC ALCON NASU, p. 205-208.
9. Order of the Ministry for Environmental Protection of Ukraine dated 22.10.2008 No. 541 "On approval of technological norms for permitted emissions of pollutants from heat installations with nominal heat capacity more than 50 MW".
10. Directive 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010L0075
11. Directive (EU) 2015/2193 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on the limitation of emissions of certain pollutants into the air from medium combustion plants https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32015L2193
12. Patent for utility model UA 110464 U «The centrifugal filter with a louvre grille» / Plashyhin S., Semenyuk M. // Application No. u 201603659, date of filing: 06.04.2016, bulletin No. 19, 10.10.2016.
13. Patent for invention UA #104834 C2 "Cyclofilter" / Serebryansky D., Plashyhin S. // Application No. a 201306773, date of application: 30.05.2013, Bulletin No. 5, 11.03.2014.
Abstract views: 27 PDF Downloads: 30
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.