PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF LONG-TERM PLANNING IN THE HEAT SUPPLY SECTOR OF UKRAINE
The purpose of the work is to develop recommendations for the implementation of long-term planning in Ukraine’s heat supply sector. The tasks of the work consist in a review of European experience in this field, analysis of the relevant Ukrainian legislation, and determining directions for its improvement. The methods of research include the study of literary, statistical and other data, analysis of regulatory acts. It is shown that lately there have been stable negative trends in the district heating (DH) sector of Ukraine, while the state policy in this area is now uncertain. At present, in the country there are virtually no national and regional strategic documents that contribute to the long-term planning of district heating. The working Concept of implementation of the state policy in the field of heat supply has a number of shortcomings and cannot be a sufficient basis for the implementation of planning at the national level. City heat supply schemes, which are the only regional-level document in the field of heat supply, are not binding for realization and do not take into account the targets of relevant national-level documents. Normative legal acts of Ukraine that regulate relations in the field of heat supply, require considerable revision and introduction of the norms that establish the procedure for the implementation of long-term planning in the DH sector. It is advisable to keep district heating in Ukraine and develop efficient DH systems with the aim to provide the population of the country with reliable and high-quality heat supply. The first steps in this direction should include the development of the Heat Supply Strategy by 2035, implementation of the zoning principle while developing heat supply schemes and making the schemes mandatory for implementation. In addition, it is necessary to ensure the consistency of the target indicators included in the regional (city) heat supply schemes with the corresponding national targets.
2. Kontseptsiia realizatsii derzhavnoi polityky u sferi teplopostachannia. Skhvaleno rozporiadzhenniam KMU № 569-r vid 18.08.2017 [Concept of the realization of the state policy in the field of heat supply. Approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Executive Order No. 569-r of 18.08.2017] (Ukr.) http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/569-2017-%D1%80
3. Poriadok pohodzhennia Minrehionom skhem teplopostachannia naselenykh punktiv z kilkistiu zhyteliv bilsh yak 20 tysiach osib ta rehionalnykh prohram modernizatsii system teplopostachannia. Nakaz Minrehionu № 403 vid 08.08.2012 [Approval procedure for heat supply schemes of settlements with a population of more than 20 thousand people and regional programs for the modernization of heat supply systems by the Ministry for Regional Development, Building and Housing of Ukraine. Order of the Ministry for Regional Development, Building and Housing of Ukraine No. 403 of 08.08.2012] (Ukr.) http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1474-12
4. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro teplopostachannia» (2633-IV vid 02.06.2005, iz zminamy) [The Law of Ukraine “On Heat Supply” (2633-IV of 02.06.2005, as amended)] (Ukr.) http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2633-15
5. Enerhetychna stratehiia Ukrainy na period do 2035 roku “Bezpeka, enerhoefektyvnist, konkurentospromozhnist”. Skhvaleno Rozporiadzhenniam KMU vid 18.08.2017 № 605-r [Energy Strategy of Ukraine until 2035 “Safety, energy efficiency, competitiveness”. Approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Executive Order No. 605-r of 18.08.2017] (Ukr.). http://www.kmu.gov.ua/control/uk/cardnpd?docid=250250456
6. Directive 2012/27/EU on energy efficiency https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32012L0027&from=EN
Abstract views: 163 PDF Downloads: 152
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.