ENERGY SAVING TECHNOLOGIES FOR DRYING OF HEAT-SENSITIVE MATERIALS
The promising development of convective drying of thermolabile materials is the use of heat pumps. The main advantages of heat pump drying are high energy efficiency, controlled thermal conditions of drying, high quality of the final product, environmental cleanliness of the technological process.The processes of air treatment in convective heat pumps with different schemes of dehydration of the drying agent are considered in the paper. As determined, the main disadvantage of heat pump drying is the long duration of the process due to the drying temperature limitation not exceeding 50-60 °C, and the dried material is not initially heated above the temperature of the wet thermometer, which is 25-30 °C. The possibility of using infrared radiation in combination with a heat pump was studied to intensify the process of low-temperature convective drying. It is shown that the combination of heat pump and infrared drying processes provides a synergistic effect, which leads to a shorter drying time and reduced energy consumption, as well as to obtain better quality dried products.
2. Chua K.J., Chou S.K. A modular approach to study the performance of a two-stage heat pump system for drying, Applied Thermal Engineering. 2005. № 25. P. 1363-1379.
3. Alves-Filho O., Strømmen I. The Application of Heat Pump in Drying of Biomaterials, Drying Technology, 1996. – V. 14. № 9. P. 2061-2090.
4. Artnaseaw A., Theerakulpisut S., Benjapiyaporn C. Development of a vacuum heat pump dryer for drying chilli, Biosystems Engineering, 2010. V. 105. № 1. P. 130-138.
5. Ogura H., Ishida H., Kage H., Mujumdar A.S. Enhancement of Energy Efficiency of a Chemical Heat Pump-Assisted Convective Dryer, Drying Technology, 2003. V. 21. P. 279-292.
6. Snezhkin Yu.F., Chalaev D.M., Dabizha N.O. Analiz enerhetychnykh pokaznikiv protsessa teplonasosnoho sushinnya [Analysis of energy performance of heat pump drying], Promyshlennaia teplotekhnika [Industrial heat engineering], 2017. Т. 39. № 3. С. 39-44. (Ukr.)
7. Snezhkin Yu.F., Chalaev D.M., Shavrin V.S., Dabizha N.O., Gatilov К.O. Effektivnost primeneniia teplovikh nasosov v protsessakh konvektivnoi sushki [Efficiency of using heat pumps in convective drying processes], Naukovi pratsi ОNАKHТ [Scientific Proceedings of ONAFT], 2007. S. 30. V.1. P. 185-189. (Rus.)
8. Ginsburg А. S. Infrakrasnaya tekhnika v pishchevoy promyshlennosti [Infrared technology in the food industry], Moscow, Food industry, 1966. 407 с. (Rus.)
9. Zavaliy O.O., Snezhkin Yu.F. Razrabotka i teplovoye modelirovaniye ustroystv infrakrasnoy sushki termolabilnikh materialov [Development and thermal modeling of infrared drying devices for heat-sensitive materials], Simferopol, ARIAL, 2016. 264 с. (Rus.)
10. Nowak D., Lewicki P. Infrared drying of apple slices, Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, 2004. № 5. P. 353-360.
11. Nathakaranakule A., Jaiboon P., Soponronnarit S. Far-infrared radiation assisted drying of longan fruit, Journal of Food Engineering, 2010. V. 100. № 4. P. 662-668.
12. Deng Y., Wu J., Su S. Q., Liu Z. D., Ren L., Zhang Y. L. Effect of far-infrared assisted heat pump drying on water status and moisture sorption isotherm of squid (Illex illecebrosus) fillets, Drying Technology, 2011. V. 29. № 13. P. 1580-1586.
13. Song X., Hu H., Zhang B. Drying characteristics of Chinese Yam (Dioscorea opposita Thunb.) by far-infrared radiation and heat pump, Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, 2018. № 17. Р. 290-296.
14. Aktas M., Sevik S., Aktekeli B. Development of heat pump and infrared-convective dryer and performance analysis for stale bread drying, Energy Conversion and Management, 2016. V. 113. № 1. P. 82-94.
15. Dabizha N.O. Energoeffektivnaia tekhnologiia sushki termolabilnikh materialov s ispolzovaniem teplovikh nasosov [Energy-efficient drying technology of thermolabile materials with using heat pumps], Naukovi pratsi ОNАKHТ [Scientific Proceedings of ONAFT], 2011. S. 39. V. 2. P. 341-345. (Rus.)
Abstract views: 176 PDF Downloads: 154
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.