ADVANCED FILM COOLING SCHEMES: EFFECT OF EXTERNAL TURBULENCE
Results of experimental study of the effect of external turbulence (7 %) on the film cooling efficiency over the flat plate with coolant supply into shallow indentations of different shape namely – craters, trench, semispherical segments, were presented. It is shown that the effect of external turbulence for the investigated schemes is relatively low in comparison with holes without indentations.
2. Lu Y., Dhungel A., Ekkad S.V., Bunker R.S. Film cooling measurements for cratered cylindrical inclined holes. Journal of Turbomachinery. 2009. Vol. 131, No 1. P.011005.
3. Lu Y., Dhungel A., Ekkad V., Bunker R.S. Effect of trench width and depth on film cooling from cylindrical holes embedded in trenches. Journal of Turbomachinery. 2009. Vol. 131, No.1. P. 011003.
4. KhalatovA.А., Borisov I.I., Kovalenko A.S. Dashevskyy Y.Y, Shevtsov S.V. Effektivnost plionochnogo ochlazhdenyja ploskoi poverchnosti systemoj naklonnych otverstij raspoloxhennych v sfericheskich uglublenijach [Film cooling efficiency over the flat plate by inclined holes in spherical indentations]. Promyshlennaja teplotechnika. 2012. V.34, №.3. P.5–12.
5. Saumveber C., Schulz A. Free-stream effects on the cooling performance of cylindrical and fan-shaped cooling holes. ASME Paper GT2008–51030. pp. 879–891, doi: 10.1115/ GT2008–51030.
6. Carlson L.W., Talmor E. Gaseous film cooling at various degrees of hot gas acceleration and turbulence levels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 1968. V. 11, No 11. P. 1695–1713.
7. Khalatov A, Avramenko A, Borisov I. Gas screen for a convex surface with external turbulence and a negative pressure gradient. High temperature. 1991. Vol. 29, No 1. P.96–102.
8. Bons J.P., MacArthur C.D., Rivir R.B. The effect of high freestream turbulence on film cooling effectiveness. Journal of Turbomachinery. 1996. V.118, No4. pp. 814–825.
9. Mayhew J.E. Baughn J.W., Byerley A.R. The effect of freestream turbulence on film cooling adiabatic effectiveness. International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow. 2003. No 24. pp. 669–679.
10. Saumveber C., Schulz A., Wittig S. Free-stream turbulence effects on film cooling with shaped holes. Journal of Turbomachinery. 2003. Vol.125, No 1. pp .65–73.
11. Schroeder R.P., Thole K.A. Effect of high freestream turbulence on flowfields of shaped film cooling holes. Journal of Turbomachinery. 2016. Vol. 138, No9. pp. 091001, 10p.
12. Baheri S., Jubran B.A., Alavi Tabrizi S.P. The effect of turbulence intensity on film cooling of gas turbine blade from trenched shaped holes. Proceedings of ASME Paper GT2008-50318. – pp. 301–310. doi:10.1115/GT2008- 50318
13. Dyban E.P., Epik E.Y. Teploobmen i gidrodinamika turbulizirovannych potokov [Heat transfer and hydrodynamic of turbulized flows]. Кiev. Naukova dumka, 1985. 294 p.
Abstract views: 49 PDF Downloads: 34
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.