TECHNICAL ANALYSIS OF PRODUCTS OF USED TIRES THERMOCHEMICAL CONVERSION
Introduction. Utilization of worn tires in the world is of great economic and ecological importance for all developed countries. This is due to the fact that worn tires are a source of long-term pollution of the environment by toxic components and a causative agent of the sanitary-epidemiological situation in their places of storage.
Today, the most common method for disposing of tires is to burn them to produce energy that requires special technologies and combustion plants and exhaust gas cleaning systems. In addition, the disadvantage of this method is the increased CO2 emissions.
One of the promising ways to dispose of tires is the technology of full carbon recycling by means of a preliminary thermochemical conversion, the result of which is the physico-chemical transformation of the organic part of the raw material into new gaseous, liquid and solid carbon-based energy products that can be used in the industry. In order to reduce the cost of transporting worn tires to large processing enterprises, promising is developing mobile thermochemical conversion units, which can carry out the processing of tires in places where they accumulate.
The main way to control the quality of the products obtained is to determine their calorific value, by calorimetric and technical analysis.
The purpose of the work is to determine the thermal characteristics of samples of pyrolysis of worn tires in a mobile conversion plant and to evaluate their potential use for energy purposes.
Research results. The humidity, ash content and heat of combustion of raw materials in the form of crushed rubber of worn tires and products of its pyrolysis - liquid fuel and solid carbon have been investigated. High and net heat of combustion of analytical sample, fuel in dry state and in working condition of delivery is determined using the data of experimental measurements, taking into account corrections for the formation of sulfuric and nitric acid. The value of the net heat of combustion in the state of delivery for the crushed rubber of tires, liquid and solid pyrolysis products, respectively, amounted to 30.36; 40.79; 24.37 MJ / kg.
Conclusion. The conducted studies showed high energy characteristics of the studied samples, which can be used as alternative fuels. The use of pyrolysis products does not require special installations. Their combustion can be carried out in existing installations without significant reconstruction.
2. Pereletov I.I., Yurovkin L.A., Rozengart Yu.I. et al. [High-temperature thermotechnological processes and installations]. M.: Energoatomizdat, 1989. 336p. (Rus.)
3. Gadzhiev S.N. [Bomb calorimetry]. M.: [Chemistry], 1988. 192 p. (Rus.)
4. Vorobiov L.I., Grishchenko T.G., Dekusha L.V. [Bomb calorimeters for determining the calorific value of fuel], Inzhenerno-fizicheskiy zhurnal [Engineering Physics Journal], 1997. V. 70. № 5. P. 828-839. (Rus.)
5. Vorobiov L.I., Grabov L.N., Dekusha L.V., Nazarenko O.A., Shmatok A.I. [Determination of the calorific value of biofuel mixtures], Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2011. V.33. № 4. P. 87-93. (Rus.)
6. DSTU EN 14774 - 2: 2012 [Solid biofuels. Determination of moisture content. Method of drying in a drying cabinet. Part 2. Total moisture. Simplified method] (EN 14774 - 2: 2009, IDT). (Ukr.)
7. GOST 11022 - 95 (ISO 1171 - 97) [International standard. Solid mineral fuel. Methods for determining ash content]. (Rus.)
8. GOST 6382 - 2001 (ISO 562: 1998) [Mineral fuels. Methods for determining the yield of volatile substances (Fuel solid mineral. Methods for determining the yield of volatile substances]. (Rus.)
9. GOST 147 - 95 (ISO 1928 - 76) [International standard. Solid mineral fuel. Determination of higher combustion heat and calculation of lower combustion heat]. (Rus.)
10. DSTU EN 14918: 2016 [Solid biofuels. Method for determining calorific value] (EN 14918: 2009, IDT). (Ukr.)
11. https://additive.spb.ru/piroliz.html. [Pyrolysis of worn tires and waste polymers.] (Rus.)
12. GOST 21261 - 91 OIL PRODUCTS. [The method of determining the higher calorific value and the calculation of the lower calorific value]. (Rus.)
13. Sklyarenko Є.V., Vorobiov L.Y. [Calorimetric analysis of composite shoots with biomass based on wheat straw], [Journal "The scientific heritage"], 2019. vol. 1. № 32. р. 38 - 43. (Ukr.)
14. Bobovich B.B. [Disposal of cars and auto components]. [Tutorial]. M.: MGIU, 2010. 176 p. (Rus.)
Abstract views: 10 PDF Downloads: 4
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.