CONTROL OF ELEMENTS OF CONSTRUCTION MACHINES AND METAL STRUCTURES USING LOW-APERTURE MAGNETOSTRICTIVE SENSORS
The aim of the work is to develop a method and technique for ultrasonic testing of elements of building machines and metal structures using low-aperture magnetostrictive transducers.A study was conducted to detect cracks in the prototype. The crack was grown artificially by repeated variable bending loads on the part.It was shown that the delay time for the signal to pass through the cracked section of the sample increased by 0,5∙10-6 s compared to the delay time when the signal passed through the defect-free portion of the sample, and the signal amplitude decreased by more than 10 times.Currently, ultrasonic testing methods for detecting surface cracks are the most promising. It seems advisable to direct further actions to an in-depth study of the transformation and interference of various types of waves in ultrasound paths and the development of methods for monitoring various objects.
2. Seung H.M., Kim Y.Y. Generation of omni-directional shear-horizontal waves in a ferromagnetic plate by a magnetostrictive patch transducer. NDT and E International. 2016. Vol. 80. P.6–14.
3. Kwun H., Teller C.M. Magnetostrictive generation and detection of longitudinal, torsional and flexural waves in a steel rod. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. 1994. Vol. 96. P. 1202–1204.
4. Babak V.P., Bohachev I.V. Ulʹtrazvukovyy maloaperturnyy mahnitostryktsiynyy peretvoryuvach [Ultrasonic low-aperture magnetostrictive trancducer], Patent Ukrayiny № 104567 [Patent of Ukraine]. / zayavnyk i vlasnyk patentu ITTF NAN Ukrayiny. №a201306020; zayavl. 15.05.2013; opubl. 10.02.2014. Byul. №3
5. Babak V.P., Babak S.V., Berehun V.S…. Informatsiyne zabezpechennya monitorynhu obʺyektiv teploenerhetyky [Information support for monitoring of thermal power facilities], Kyiv, 2015. 512 p. (in Ukr)
6. Babak V.P., Bohachev I.V. Matrytsya maloaperturnykh mahnitostryktsiynykh peretvoryuvachiv [The matrix of low-aperture magnetostrictive trancducers], Patent of Ukraine № 107629, Byul. №2, 26.01.2015 (in Ukr)
Abstract views: 56 PDF Downloads: 23
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.