HEAT TRANSFER DURING HEAT CARRIER FLOW IN A VERTICAL POROUS MICROCHANNEL
Heat transfer with a steady flow of coolant in a vertical microchannel filled with a porous medium is considered. The influence of porosity, the slippage effect on the wall, and the Rayleigh number on heat transfer are analyzed.
The simulation results showed that with an increasing of the porosity parameter M (decrease permeability), the flow velocity decreases, the velocity jump on the wall also decreases, and the velocity profile becomes more filled. With an increase in the Rayleigh number, the relative flow velocity decreases, the shape of the velocity profile changes, it becomes M-shaped. At high Rayleigh numbers, the effect of free convection becomes predominant, and the shift of the maximum velocity to the channel wall is associated with a decrease in the density of the medium near the wall.
With an increase in the Rayleigh number and the parameter M, the temperature jump on the wall decreases, local temperature values tend to the wall temperature values, the shape of the temperature profile aligns.
An increase in the Knudsen number decreases the heat transfer rate. This is due to an increase in the temperature jump on the wall, which causes degradation in the conditions of thermal interaction between the liquid and the wall.The dynamics of change of the relative Nusselt number with increasing Rayleigh number shows that there is an inversion of the influence of the porosity parameter M on the heat transfer coefficient. With small values of Ra, with an increase in the parameter M, the heat transfer coefficient increases, since the temperature jump on the wall decreases. At Ra = 400, the effect of porosity is not observed.
At high values of Ra, the intensity of heat transfer decreases but not so sharply as at low of Ra. That effect is caused from decreasing rate flow near the wall.
2. Dilevskaya E.V, Kaskov S.I., Shevich Yu.A., Stankevich I.V. Teploobmen I gidrodinamika v kanalah protivotochnyh mikroteploobmennikov razlichnyh konstryktsiy. [Heat exchange and hydrodynamics in channels of counter flow microheatexchangers of different constructions], Trudy Chetvertoy Rossiyskoy Natsionalnoy Konferentsii po Teploobmeny [Works of Fourth Russian National Heat Exchange conference]. M. Izdatelsiy Dom MEI [M. Publishing house MEI], 2006, V.6, P.207–210 (Rus)
3. Konovalov D.A., Lazarenko I.N., Kozhuhov N.N., Drozdov I.G., Razrabotka metodov intensifikatsii teploobmena v mikrokanalnyih teploobmennikah gibridnyih sistem termostabilizatsii [Development of methods for intensifying heat exchange in microchannel heat exchangers of hybrid thermal stabilization systems], Vestnik Voronezhskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Voronezh State University], 2016, V.12, №3, P.21 – 30. (Rus).
4. Dzyubenko B.B., Kuzma-Kitcha Yu.A., Leontev A.I., Fedik I.I. Holpanov L.P. Intensifikatsiya teplo- I massoobmena na macro i nanomashtabah [Intensification heat and mass exchange on micro- and nanoscale] Moskva FGUP “TsNIIATOMINFORM” [Moskov FGUP “TsNIIATOMINFORM”]. 2008. (Rus)
5. Konovalov D.A., Ryaghskih B.M., Lazarenko I.N., Kozhuhov N.N. Model ohlaghdeniya kompaktnuh poverhnostey mikrokanalnymi rekuperativnymi teploobmennikami s matritsey iz nitevidnyh monokristalov kremnia [The model of cooling compact surfaces by macrochannels recuperators with matrix of filiform monokristals of silicon] Ingenerno-Fizicheskiy ghurnal [Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics], 2019, V.92, №2, P.371–380 (Rus)
6. Shanin Yu.I. Teplootdacha kompaktnnyh system ohlaghdenia lazernyh zerkal [Heat transfer of compact cooling systems of laser mirrors] M. Nauka I tehnologii [M. Science and Tecnology]. 2015, №.4, P. 166 – 171. (Rus)
7. Singh H., Myong R.S. Critical Review of Fluid Flow Physics at Micro- to Nano-scale Porous Media Application in the Energy Sector. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. 2018. V. 1, P.1–31.
8. Dhir V.K. Boiling and two-phase flow in porous media. Annu. Rev. Heat Transfer. 1994. 5. P.303–350.
9. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V., Dmitrenko N.P., Kravchuk A.V., Shevchuk V.I. Mixed convection in a vertical flat microchannel . International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2017. № 106. Р.1164 – 1173.
10. Dehghan M., Valipour M.S., Saedodin S. Microchannels enhanced by porous materials: Heat transfer enhancement or pressure drop increment. Energy Conversion and Management. 2016. № 110. P. 22–32.
11. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V., Basok B.I., Blinov D.G. Investigation of stability of a laminar flow in a parallel-plate channel filled with a fluid saturated porous medium. Physics of Fluids. 2005. V.17, №9. P. 094102–1 – 094102 – 6.
12. Avrameko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V., Dmitrenko N.P. Dean instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration nonuniformity, Physic of fluids. – 2016. – Vol. 28, P. 034104-1 – 0.4104-16.
13. Vargas M., Sierra F.Z., Ramos E., Avramenko A.A. Steady natural convection in a cylindrical cavity. International communications in heat and mass transfer. 2002. V.29, №2. Р. 213 – 221.
14. Kuznetsov A.V., Avramenko A.A. Stability analysis of bioconvection of gyrotactic motile microorganisms in a fluid saturated porous medium. Transport in porous media. 2003. V. 53, №1. Р. 95 – 104.
15. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V. The onset of convection in a suspension of gyrotactic microorganisms in superimposed fluid and porous layers: effect of vertical throughflow. Transport in porous media. 2006. V. 65, №2. P. 159 – 176.
16. Kuznetsov A.V., Avramenko A.A. A 2D analysis of stability of bioconvection in a fluid saturated porous medium—estimation of the critical permeability value. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. 2002. V. 29, № 2. P. 175 – 184.
17. Kuznetsov A.V., Avramenko A.A. A minimal hydrodynamic model for a traffic jam in an axon. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. 2009. V.36, №1. P. 1 – 5.
18. Gad-el-Hak M. The fluid mechanics of microdevices, J. Fluids Engineering. 1999. V. 121, №1. P.5 – 33.
19. Nield D.A. and Bejan A. Convection in Porous Media. - 4th Edition, New York: Springer. 2013. 640P.
20. Tao, L.N. On combined free and forced convection in channels. J. Heat Transfer. 1960. 82(3). P. 233–238.
Abstract views: 71 PDF Downloads: 24
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.