ENERGY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND ECONOMIC ASSESSMENT OF THE ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS OF THE SOLID BIOFUEL USE
The article contains consolidated results of the simulation of the untreated fuel raw materials use scheme in comparison with the fuel pellets production. Specific indicators and the main factors of influence on energy, ecological and economic efficiency of biofuel use are determined. It was found that the organizational scheme of sunflower husk pelleting and pellets transportation on up to 400 km distance is a more energy-efficient solution. In this case, the main energy costs will be related specifically to the pellets production, and therefore the main direction of energy costs reduction should be the production energy efficiency increasing – electricity consumption lowering. Otherwise, in case of fuel transportation on more than 400 km distance, the main attention should be paid to the motor fuels consumption lowering and the transport load optimization. The pellets production and transportation leads to an increase in total greenhouse gas emissions compared with husk transportation on up to 2000 km distance. Therefore, husk pellets production for domestic transportation is not an effective solution from an environmental point of view. The husk transportation is economically more efficient compared to the organizational scheme of pellets production and transportation on up to 300 km distances. Financially economic efficiency is the main limiting factor at decision-making on the organizational scheme of sunflower husk use.
2. Enerhetychnyi balans Ukrainy za 2017 rik. Ekspres-vypusk Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy vid 20.12.2018 [Energy balance of Ukraine for 2017]. [Express-issue by State Statistics Service of Ukraine of 20.12.2018] (in Ukr.)
3. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy. Silske hospodarstvo. Roslynnytstvo. [State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Agriculture. Plant growing.] http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ (in Ukr.)
4. Boldyrieva L. N. Upravlinnia enerhetychnoiu efektyvnistiu lohistyky soniashnyka v konteksti rozvytku oliinoproduktovoho pidkompleksu [Sunflower logistics energy efficiency management in the context
of the development of oil-product subcomplex], [Bulletin of Odesa I. I. Mechnikov National University], 2017, V. 22. №4 (57), P. 37–41. (in Ukr.)
5. Kindzera D.P., Atamanyuk V.M., Gosovsky R.R., Motyl І.М. Doslidzhennia protsesu formuvannia palyvnykh bryketiv iz roslynnoi syrovyny ta vyznachennia yikh kharakterystyk [The study of the formation of fuel briquettes from plant materials and determination of their characteristics], [National bulletion of National Forestry University of Ukraine], 2013, V. 23.17, P. 138–146. http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/nvnltu_2013_23.17_25 (in Ukr.)
6. NAKAZ Ministerstvo transportu Ukrainy №43 vid 10.02.1998 «Pro zatverdzhennia Norm vytrat palyva i mastylnykh materialiv na avtomobilnomu transporti». [ORDER of Transport Ministry of Ukraine] No. 43 of February 10, 1998 [On Approval of Norms for Fuel and Lubricants Expenditures on Road Transport]. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0043361-98 (in Ukr.)
Abstract views: 47 PDF Downloads: 34
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.