FLUE GASES CLEANING FROM NITROGEN OXIDES BY ADDITIONAL OXIDATION OF NO TO NO2 AND ABSORPTION
Experimental researches of operational characteristics of laboratory samples of two types of packing for the direct contact heat exchanger have been carried out, - Raschig ceramic rings and the developed construction with using the ribbon of amorphous metal alloy. The metal alloy packing slightly surpasses the ceramic one by the basic operational heat engineering parameters, and contributes to oxidation of the NO to water-soluble NO2, which enables to remove more of the latter by absorption with water and, as a result, to reduce the emissions of nitrogen oxides to the environment after contact apparatus by 35 % more efficiently than with using the ceramic packing.
2. Frank-Kamenetsky D.A. [Diffusion and heat transfer in the chemical kinetics (3rd ed.)]. Moscow: Nauka, 1987.502 pp. (In Rus.).
3. Order of the Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine dated 27.06.2006 No. 309 [On approval of permits for pollutants from stationary sources] (In Ukr.).
4. Order of the Ministry of Environmental Protection of Ukraine dated 22.10.2008 No. 541 [On approval of technological norms for permitted emissions of pollutants from heat energy installations, the rated heat capacity of which exceeds 50 MW]. (In Ukr.).
5. Directive 2010/75/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010 on industrial emissions (integrated pollution prevention and control).
6. Volchin I.A. [Ukraine's emission reduction target in the light of the implementation of Directive 2010/75/EU on industrial emissions] Problems of ecology and operation of energy objects. [Proc. Institute of Engineering Ecology], Kyiv: IPC ALCON NASU, 2018. P. 34-38. (In Ukr.).
7. Akimov A. [Emissions], [Mirror of the week], 2013, is. 31. (In Rus.).
8. Directive (EU) 2015/2193 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on the limitation of emissions of certain pollutants into the air from medium combustion plants.
9. [State sanitary rules for protection of atmospheric air of populated areas (from pollution by chemical and biological substances]. (In Ukr.).
10. Sigal A.I. [Cleaning of gases in contact heat recovery apparatuses] Problems of ecology and operation of energy objects. [Proc. VIII conference of CIS countries], Kyiv, Institute of Engineering Ecology, 1998. P.60-67. (In Rus.).
11. [The Law of Ukraine "On Heat Supply"]. (In Ukr.).
12. Raschig products. Ref.: http://www.raschig.de/-Random-Packings
13. Sainthing products. Ref.: http://www.sainthing.com/product/intalox_saddle-en.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo-2M7Omw4QIVTqqaCh04VQCtEAAYASAAEgImS_D_BwE
14. Barton S.A. Fill Material for Direct-Contact Heat/Mass Exchangers. Patent PCT/US2014 / 051766, US, 2014.
15. Kolev N. Packed bed columns for absorption, desorption, rectification and direct heat transfer. Elsevier B.V., The Netherlands, 2006. 687 p.
16. Sulzer products. Ref.: https://www.sulzer.com/en/products/separation-technology/structured-packings
17. Shorland F.B. A simple helical packing for laboratory fractionating columns / Journal of Applied Chemistry, 2007. V.2, 8. P. 438-440.
18. Dykiy N.A. [Packing]. Aut. cert. USSR No. 665181, 1979. (In Rus.).
19. Dykiy N.A., Koloskova N.Yu., Bykov S.I., Chavuser M.Sh.. [Device for utilizing the heat of exhaust gases] Aut. Cert. USSR No. 14956207, 1989. (In Rus.).
20. Agapov A.V. et al. [Analysis of the possibility of using modern designs of mass-exchange contact devices under oil degassing conditions], [Moscow Scientific Review], 2011. No. 10 (14). (In Rus.).
21. Maslov V.V., Paderno D.Yu. [Manufacturing of amorphous metal alloys]. In: Amorphous Metallic Alloys, Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 1987. P. 52-86. (In Rus.).
22. Zolotukhin I.V. [Physical properties of amorphous metallic materials]. Moscow: [Metallurgy], 1986. 176 p. (In Rus.).
23. Bilyk O.M. [Kinetics of electrochemical reactions involving oxygen compounds on amorphous metallic surfaces]. Diss. Ph.D., LSU, Lviv, 1996. (In Rus.).
24. Balan V.Z., Nosenko V.K., Paderno D.Yu. et al. [High-strength corrosion-resistant amorphous iron-based alloy]. Patent No. 3988, Ukraine, 1994. (In Ukr.).
25. Balan V.Z., Maslov VV, Paderno D.Yu. et al. [Amorphous iron-based alloy]. Patent No. 19217, Ukraine, 1997. (In Ukr.).
26. Nosenko V.K., Balan V.Z., Paderno D.Yu. et al. [Resistant corrosion-resistant amorphous iron-based alloy]. Patent No. 104983, Ukraine, 2014. (In Ukr.).
27. Maslov V.V, Nosenko V.K., Paderno D.Yu. et al. [Method of continuous casting of ribbon]. Patent No. 1304, Ukraine, 1994. (In Ukr.).
Abstract views: 70 PDF Downloads: 32
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.