FEATURES OF HEAT TRANSFER DURING BOILING OF NANOFLUIDS
The paper analyzes the results of research for nucleate and film boiling of nanofluids. The results of experimental studies of nucleate boiling nanofluids indicates increasing critical heat flux in comparison with the clean liquid, while there is both an increase and a decrease in the heat transfer coefficient. At film boiling nanofluids mode there is a significant acceleration of the process of destruction of the vapor film and the transition to nucleate regime for hardening metal products experiments.
2. Das S.K., Choi S.U.S., Patel H.E. Heat Transfer in Nanofluids. A Review.Heat Transfer Engineering. 2008. 27(10). P.3–19
3. Cheng L., Filho E.P.B., Thome J.R. Nanofluid Two-Phase Flow and Thermal Physics: A New Research Frontier of Nanotechnologe and Its Challenges. Journal of Nanoscifnct and Nanotechnologe. 2008. v.8, N 8. P.1–18
4. Ramesh G., Prabhu N.K. Review of thermo- physical properties, wetting and heat transfer characteristics of nanofluids and their applicability in industrial quench heat treatment. Nanoscale Research Letters. 2011. 6:334. P.1–15
5. Li X., Cheung S.C.P., Tu J. Nucleate boiling of dilute nanofluids – Mechanism exploring and modeling. Int. J. of Thermal Sciences. 2014. 84. P.323–334
6. Karac S., Pramuanjaroenkij F. Analysis of convective heat transfer enhancement by nanofluids: single-phase and two-phase treatments. Инженерно-физический журнал. 2016. т.89, №3. С.752–788
7. Bang I.C, Buongiorno J., Hu L.W., Wang H. Measurement of Key Pool Boiling Parameters in Nanofluids for Nuclear Applications. Journal of Power and Energy Systems. 2008. v.2,N 1. P.340–351
8. Hegde R.N., Rao S.S., Reddy R.P. Flow Visualization, Critical Heat Flux Enhancement, and Transient Characteristics in Pool Boiling Using Nanofluids. Journal of ASTM international. 2012. v.9, N5. P.1 - 16
9. Wang X.Q, Mujumdar A.S. Heat transfer from a plain surface in a pool. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2005. 48. P.2407–2419
12. Rhosenow W.M. A method of correlating heat transfer data for surface boiling liquids. Transactions of ASME. 1952. 74. P.969–979
13. ElGenk M.S., Guo A. Transient Boiling from inclined and downward facing surfaces in a saturated pool. Int. J. Refrig. 1993. № 6. P.414–422
14. You S.M., Kim J.H., Kim K.H. Effect of nanoparticles on critical heat flux of water in pool boiling heat transfer. Applied Physics Letters. 2003. 83, N 16. P.3374–3376
15. Zuber N. Hydrodynamic aspects of boiling heat transfer.FTC Reh. AECU–4439. –1959
16. Kwark S.M., Kumar R., Moreno G., Yoo J., You S.M. Pool boiling characteristics of low conctntration nanofluids. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 2010. 53. P.972–981
17. Kim S.J., Bang I.C., Buongiorno J., Hu L.W. Surface wettabiliry change during pool boiling of nanofluids and its effect on critical heat flux. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 2007. 50. P.4105–4116
18. Okawa T., Takamura M., Kamiya T. Boiling time effect on CHF enhancement in pool boiling of nanjfluids. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 2012. 55. P.2719–2725
19. Pioro I.L., Rohsenow W.M., Doerffer S.S. Nucleate pool-boiling heat transfer. 1 review of parametric effects of boiling surface. Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow. 2004. –47. P.5033– 5044
20. Li X.D., Li K., Tu J.Y., Buongiorno J. On two-fluid modeling of nucleate boiling of dilute nanofluids. Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 2014. 69. P.443–450
21. PhanH.T.,CaneyN.,MartyP.,ColassonS.,GavilletJ. How does surface wettability influence nucleate boiling. C.R. Mtc. 2009. 337. P.251–259
22. Fritz W., Ende W. End of the evaporation process to cinematographic recordings of stem bubbles. Phys.Z. 1935. v.37. P.391–401
23. Lia X., Cheunga S.C.P., Tu J. Nucleate boiling of dilute nanofluids – Mechanism exploring and modeling. International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2014. v.84. P.323–334
24. Kuzma-Kichta Yu.A., Lavrikov А.V., Shustov М.V., Chursin P.S., Chictakova А.V., Zvonarev Yu.А., Zhukov V.M.,Vasileva L.T. The research of transfer enhancement at boiling water at the surface with micro- and nanorelief// Teploenergetika. 2014. №3. Р.35–38 (Rus.)
25. Tolubinskiy V.I. Boiling heat transfer. Кiev: Naukova Dumka. 1980. 316 р.(Rus.)
26. Prabhu K.N., Fernandes P. Nanoquenchants for Industrial Heat Treatment .Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance. 2008. v.17(1). P.101–103
27. Kim H., DeWitt G., McKrell T., Buongiorno J., Hu L.W. On the quenching of steel and zircaloy spheres in water-based nanofluids with alumina, silica and diamond nanoparticles. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. 2009. 35. P.427–438
28. Lotfi H., Shafii M.B. Boiling heat transfer on a high temperature silver sphere in nanofluid. International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2009. 48. P.2215–2220
29. Kim H., Buongiorno J., Hu L.W., McKrell T. Nanoparticle deposition effects on the minimum heat flux point and quench front speed during quenching in water- based alumina nanofluids. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2010. 53. P.1542–1553
30. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I. Heat transfer in stable film boiling of a nanofluid over a vertical surface. International Journal of Thermal Sciences. 2015. 92. P. 106 – 118
31. Avramenko A.A., Shevchuk I.V., Abdallah S., Blinov D.G., Harmandd S., Tyrinov A.I. Symmetry analysis for film boiling of nanofuids on a vertical plate using a nonlinear approach. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 2016. 223. P. 156 – 164.
Abstract views: 142 PDF Downloads: 111
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.