INSTABILITY FLOW IN CHANNEL, OCCUPIED POROUS MEDIA
The flow instability in a flat porous microchannel is investigated. The collocation method for the numerical determination of the critical Reynolds number, which determines the hydrodynamic flow instability, is used. Also the effect of porosity and slipping on the critical wave numbers is determined.
2. Konovalov D.A., Lazarenko I.N., Kozhuhov N.N., Drozdov I.G. Razrabotka metodov intensifikatsii teploobmena v microcanalnuh teploobmennikax gibridnuh system termostabilizatsii [Development of methods for enhancement of heat transfer in microchannel heat exchangers, thermal stabilization of hybrid systems], Vestnik Voronezhskogo universiteta. 2016, Т.12, №3, P.21–30. (Rus).
3. Jun Jie Liu, Hua Zhang, S. C. Yao, Yubai Li. Porous Media Modeling of Two-Phase Microchannel Cooling of Electronic Chips With Nonuniform Power Distribution, Journal of Electronic Packaging. 2014, V.136, №2, 021008.
4. Avrameko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V., Dmitrenko N.P. Dean instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration nonuniformity, Physic of fluids, 2016, V.28, Р. 034104-1–0.4104-16.
5. Avrameko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Domashev V.E., Kovetskaya M.M., Sorokina T.V., Dmitrenko N.P. Neustoichivost potoka v krivolineinom kanale [The instability of the moving flow in a curved channel] // Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2013, Т. 35, №2, P. 11–16. (Rus).
6. Nield D.A. The stability of flow in a channel or duct occupied by a porous medium, Int. J. Heat Transfer. 2003, V. 46, №2, P.4351–4354.
7. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov, A.V., Nield D.A. Instability of slip flow in a channel occupied by a hyperporous medium, Jornal of porous media, 2007, V.10, №5, Р. 435–442.
8. Lauga E., Cossu C.A. A note on the stability of slip channel flows, Phys. Fluids. 2005, V. 17, №8, Р.088106-1–088106-4.
9. Gad-el-Hak M. The fluid mechanics of microdevices, J. Fluids Engineering. 1999, V. 121, №1, P.5–33.
10. Schlichting H., Gersten K. Boundary Layer Theory. 8th ed. Berlin. Springer: 2000, 799p.
11. Orsag S.A. Accurate solution of the Orr-Sommerfeld stability equitation, J. Fluid Mech. 1971, V.50, P. 689–703.
Abstract views: 108 PDF Downloads: 95
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.