ENERGY SECURITY OF UKRAINE: THE THREAT OF LONG-TERM ENERGY RESOURCES DEPLETION
In the context of the energy transition, the impact on the energy security of Ukraine of the global threat of depletion of the main types of fossils of traditional energy resources is analyzed. The peculiarities of FER consumption in the recent period in the world as a whole, in the EU and in Ukraine are considered. It points to the fundamental difference in the dynamics of consumption of fossil fuels in the world as a whole and in the EU. The data concerning the proved world reserves of traditional energy resources and terms of their exhaustion are given. Estimates of fossil fuels own stocks in Ukraine are presented and prospects of their use are considered. It is indicated that the development of nuclear energy in Ukraine is promising (as one of the directions of decarbonization of energy in the French interpretation) given the significant world geological reserves of various uranium isotopes. At the same time, it is noted that hybrid technologies of nuclear power deserve special attention.
2. Natsionalnij suverenitet Ukrayini v umovah globalizatsiyi: [National sovereignty of Ukraine in the context of globalization: National report]. — K.: Parlamentske vid-vo, 2011. — 112 s. (Ukr.)
3. Mazur I.M. [Analysis of global energy security: theoretical and applied principles] // [Economical analysis. Collection of scientific papers] . Ternopil nat. econom. university; editorial board: S.I.Shkaraban (chief editor), etc. – Ternopil : VPC TNEU “Ekonomichna dumka”, 2013. – V 14. – № 1. –P. 94-105. (Ukr.)
4. Kharazishvili Yu. M. [Identification of the level of energy security of Ukraine from the standpoint of sustainable development]. // [Economics of industrial.]. 2019. № 4 (88). P. 5-27. doi: http://doi.org/10.15407/econindustry2019.04.005. (Ukr.)
5.BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2020. – 68 p. https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/business-sites/en/global/corporate/pdfs/energy-economics/statistical-review/bp-stats-review-2020-full-report.pdf
6. Olivier J.G.J., Peters J.A.H.W. Trends in global CO2 and total greenhouse gas emissions. 2019 Report. The Hague, 2020 PBL publication number: 4068. – 70 р. https://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/downloads/pbl-2020-trends-in-global-co2-and-total-greenhouse-gas-emissions-2019-report_4068.pdf/
7.BP Statistical Review of World Energy 2019. – 62 p. https://www.bp.com/content/dam/bp/business-sites/en/global/corporate/pdfs/energy-economics/statistical-review/bp-stats-review-2019-full-report.pdf
8. Greenhouse gas emission statistics - emission inventories. https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php?title=Greenhouse_gas_emission_statistics_-_emission_inventories
9. IPCC special report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5 °C. https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15/
10. Emissions Gap Report 2019. https://wedocs.unep.org/bitstream/handle/20.500.11822/30797/EGR2019.pdf? sequence=1&isAllowed=y
11. Lessons from a decade of emissions gap assessments. https://wedocs.unep.org/bitstream/handle/ 20.500.11822/30022/ EGR10.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
12. Hubbert M.K. Nuclear Energy and the Fossil Fuels, Presented before the Spring Meeting of the Southern District, American Petroleum Institute, Plaza Hotel, San Antonio, Texas, March 7–8–9, 1956. http: //www.hubbertpeak.com/hubbert/1956/1956.pdf
13. Ritchie H. 2017, How long before we run out of fossil fuels? https://ourworldindata.org/how-long-before-we-run-out-of-fossil-fuels
14. Brandt R. Testing Hubbert Energy Policy. Vol. 35, Issue 5, May 2007. – Pages 3074-3088.Hubb
15. Höök M., Zittel W., Schindler J., Aleklett1 K. 2010. Global coal production outlooks based on a logistic model. Fuel. Vol 89. – Pp. 3546 - 3558.
16. Rutledge D. Estimating long-term world coal production with logit and probit transforms. International Journal of Coal Geology. Vol. 85, 2011. – Pp. 23-33.
17. Ulyanin Yu.A., Kharitonov V.V., Yurshina D.Yu. [Prospects for nuclear energy in the conditions of exhaustion of traditional energy resources]. [Nuclear Energy], 2017, №4. – Pp. 5-16. (Rus)
18. Ulyanin Yu. A.,Kharitonov V. V., Yurshina D. Yu. [Forecasting the dynamics of depletion of traditional energy resources]// [Problems of forecasting], 2018, №2. - Pp. 60-71. (Rus)
19. World Energy Outlook 2010, IEA, 2010 – Pp.48, 101, 119, 125. https://www.oecd.org/berlin/46389140.pdf
20. World oil production from 1998 to 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/265203/global-oil-production-since-in-barrels-per-day/
21. Energy intensity in Europe. https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/indicators/total-primary-energy-intensity-4/assessment-1
22. [Dynamics and structure of electricity production in the UES of Ukraine in 2019]. https://vse.energy/news/pek-news/electro/1031-electricity-2019]
23. Biletskij V.S. [Coal industry] // [In the book: Small Mining Encyclopedia, vol. 1 / Edited by V.S.Biletsky]. – Donetsk: Donbas, 2004. – 640 p. (Ukr.)
24. Surgaj M. S., Tolstoj M. M. [Coal industry]. // [Encyclopedia of modern Ukraine] http://esu.com.ua/search_articles.php?id=30072 (Ukr.)
25. [The volume of coal production in Ukraine 15 Nov. 2017] //http://reform.energy/analitics/obem-dobychi-uglya-v-ukraine-za-26-let-sokratilsya-v-4-raza-minenergouglya-infografika-4044;
26. Dobycha uglya v Ukraine. [Coal mining in Ukraine]. http://uglex.com/articles/234-zapasy-uglya-v-ukraine.html;
27. Dyenkov D. [Coal subsidies: who and how much]// [Economic truth], 1 12.2014. https://www.epravda.com.ua/rus/columns/2014/12/1/509687/ (Ukr.)
28. Arhangelskij Yu. [What about our coal?] // [The mirror of the week. Ukraine], 27.06.2014. https://zn.ua/ukr/energy_market/yak-spravi-z-nashim-vugillyam-_.html. (Ukr.)
29. [Volumes of thermal coal production in Ukraine in 2019 decreased by 9.4%] https://kosatka.media/uk/category/ugol/analytics/ukrainskie-shahty-uskorili-snizhenie-tempov-dobychi-uglya (Ukr.)
30. Kulitskij S.[Coal industry of Ukraine: current state and problems of development.] //[Ukraine: events, facts, comments] – 2016. – № 17. – Pp. 37–44. (Ukr.)
31.Leshchenko I.Ch. [Analysis of indicators of energy security of the oil and gas industry of Ukraine] // [Problems of general energy]. - 2019, Iss. 2. - Pp. 4-12. (Ukr.)
Abstract views: 138 PDF Downloads: 152
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.