EXERGIC EFFICIENCY OF THE HEAT RECOVERY UNIT FOR WASTE GASES OF A HEAT ENGINE OF A COGENERATION PLANT
The paper presents the results of a study of the efficiency of a heat recovery unit for waste gases of a heat engine of a cogeneration plant. The possibilities of using for this purpose the discrete-modular principle and complex methods of analyzing the efficiency of heat recovery systems, which are based on the methods of exergo-dissipative functions and exergic balances, are analyzed. The design features of the heat exchanger are considered and a conclusion is made about the possibility of presenting it as a system of eight discrete modules. The results of calculating the exergy characteristics for each of the eight heat exchanger modules, performed within the framework of the indicated methods, are presented. A regular decrease in exergy losses and heat-exergy criterion of efficiency is observed during the transition from the first to the eighth module of the heat recovery unit. However, exergy characteristics for the third and fourth modules of the heat exchanger are somewhat higher than the indicated dependence suggests. This indicates the thermodynamic imperfection of these modules. The main exergy losses in all heat exchanger modules are associated with losses due to heat transfer from flue gases to the wall. An insignificant discrepancy between the values of the total exergy losses calculated within the framework of the methods used indicates that both methods can be used in various heat recovery schemes. However, in each specific case, it is necessary to choose a methodology with which it is possible to identify individual elements that need optimization or constructive improvement. Particular attention is paid to the comparative analysis of the selected techniques and consideration of the advantages and disadvantages of their use in various cases. It is noted that the technique based on the integral balance method of exergy analysis can be considered effective due to the small number of initial parameters and the simplicity of the analytical and calculation methods. The advantage of the technique using exergo-dissipative functions is that it allows one to differentiate exergy losses in a heat exchanger and establish the causes and areas of their localization.
2. Cavalcanti E. JC. Exergoeconomic and exergoenvironmental analyses of an integrated solar combined cycle system. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2017. 67. P. 507-519.
3. Terzi R., Tükenmez İ., Kurt E. (2016). Energy and exergy analyses of a VVER type nuclear power plant Energy and Exergy Analyses of a VVER Nuclear Power Plant. International. Journal of Hydrogen Energy, (41), 1-12. http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/intechopen.74433.
4. Fialko N., Stepanova A., Navrodska R., Meranova N., Sherenkovskii J. Efficiency of the air heater in a heat recovery system at different thermophysical parameters and operational modes of the boiler. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies. 2018. 6/8 (96). P. 43-48. DOI: 10.15587/1729-4061.2018.147526.
5. Fialko N.M., Stepanova A.I., Presich G.A., Gnedash G.A. [Analysis of the efficiency of a heat recovery unit for heating and humidifying the blast air of the boiler]. [Industrial heat engineering]. 2015. V. 37(4). P. 71-79. (in Rus.)
6. Fialko N.M., Stepanova A.I., Presich G., A., Navrodska R.A., Sherenkovskiy Ju.V., Maletskaya O.E., Gnedash G.A. [Thermodynamic optimization and analysis of the efficiency of heat recovery systems of boiler units]. [Industrial Heat Engineering]. 2012. V. 34(2). P. 59-66. (in Ukr.)
7. Fialko N.M., Stepanova A.I., Navrodska R.A., Sherenkovskiy Ju. V. [Efficiency of heat recovery installation for boiler rooms, optimized by different methods]. [Industrial Heat Engineering]. 2014. V. 36 (1). P. 41-46. (in Rus.)
8. Stepanova A.I. [Analysis of the efficiency of the installation with a combined heat recovery system for heating water and blast air of the boiler]. [Industrial Heat Engineering]. 2016. V. 38 (4). P. 38-45. (in Rus.)
9. Fialko N., Stepanova A., Navrodskaya R., Novakovsky M. [Study of the efficiency of a combined heat utilization system using the graph theory methods]. [International scientific journal "Internauka"]. 2019. №15(1). P.61-63. (in Rus.)
10. Fialko N., Stepanova A., Navrodskaya R., Presich G. [Localization of exergy losses in the air heater of the heat-recovery system under different boiler operating modes]. [International scientific journal "Internauka"]. 2019. №12(74). P.30-33. (in Rus.)
Abstract views: 71 PDF Downloads: 95
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.