HEAT TRANSFER FOR FILN BOILING OF A LIQUID ON A VERTICAL HEATED WALL IN A POROUS MEDIUM
The paper presents results of the modelling of heat transfer at film boiling of a liquid in a porous medium on a vertical heated wall. Such processes are observed at cooling of high-temperature surfaces of heat pipes, microstructural radiators etc. Heating conditions at the wall were the constant wall temperature or heat flux.
An analytical solution was obtained for the problem of fluid flow and heat transfer using the porous medium model in the Darcy-Brinkman. It was shown that heat transfer at film boiling in a porous medium was less intensive than in the absence of a porous medium (free fluid flow) and further decreased with the decreasing permeability of the porous medium. A sharp decrease in heat transfer was observed for the Darcy numbers lower than five. The analytical predictions of heat transfer coefficients qualitatively agreed with the data  though demonstrated lower values of heat transfer coefficients for the conditions of the constant wall temperature and constant wall heat flux.
2. Hari R., Jolly T., Muraleedharan C. Analysis of Two-Phase Flow in the Capillary Wick Structure of Flat Heat Pipe with Different Orientation. International Journal of Thermal Technologies. 2015, Vol.5, No.1. P.63–69
3. Кисеев В.М. Тепломассоперенос и фазовые превращения в мелкопористых капиллярных структурах. Автореферат дис. Доктора физ-мат. наук. Екатеринбург. 2001. 42 с.
4. Shi J.X, Wang J.H. A numerical investigation of transpiration cooling with liquid coolant phase change. Transport Porous Med. 2011. Vol. 87(3). P. 703–716.
5. Yuki K, Abei J, Hashizume H, Toda S. Numerical investigation of thermofluid flow characteristics with phase change against high heat flux in porous media. J Heat Trans. T ASME. 2008. Vol.130(1). P.012602 (1–12)
6. Xin C., Rao Z., You X., Song Z., Han D. Numerical investigation of vapor–liquid heat and mass transfer in porous media. Energy Conversion and Management. 2014. 78. P.1–7
7. Alomar O.R., Trimis D., Mendes M., Ray S. Numerical simulation of complete liquid-vapor phase change process inside porous media: A comparison between local thermal equilibrium and non-equilibrium models. Int. J. of Thermal Sciences. 2017. Vol. 112. P. 222 – 241.
8. Alomar O.R., Mendes M.A.A., Ray S. Trimis D. Numerical investigation of complete evaporation process inside porous evaporator using staggered and non-staggered grid arrangements. Int. J. of Thermal Sciences. 2018. Vol. 129. P.56 – 72.
9. Avramenko, A.A., Shevchuk, I.V., Tyrinov, A.I., Blinov, D.G. Heat transfer at film condensation of moving vapor with nanoparticles over a flat surface. Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer. 2015. Vol. 82, P. 316–324.
10. Avramenko, A.A., Shevchuk, I.V., Moskalenko, A.A., Lohvynenko, P.N., Kovetska, Yu.Yu. Instability of a vapor layer on a vertical surface at presence of nanoparticles. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2018. Vol. 139. P. 87–98.
11. Avramenko, A.A., Tyrinov, A.I., Shevchuk, I.V., Dmitrenko N.P. Dean instability of nanofluids with radial temperature and concentration non-uniformity. Physics of Fluids. 2016. Vol. 28 (3). P.034104
12. Kim, H., Buongiorno, J., Hu, L-W., McKrell, T. Nanoparticle deposition effects on the minimum heat flux point and quench front speed during quenching in water-based alumina nanofluids. Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer.2010. Vol. 53, P.1542–1553.
13. Nield, D.A., Bejan, A. Convection in Porous Media. 3th Edition. New York: Springer. 2006.
14. Cheng, P., Verma, A.K. The effect of subcooled liquid of film boiling about a vertical heated surface in a porous medium. 1981. Vol. 24. P. 1151–1160.
15. Avramenko, A.A., Shevchuk, I.V., Tyrinov, A.I., Blinov, D.G. Heat transfer in stable film boiling of a nanofluid over a vertical surface. Int. J. Thermal Sciences. 2015. Vol. 92. P. 106–118.
16. Avramenko, A.A., Tyrinov, A.I., Shevchuk, I.V., Dmitrenko N.P., Kravchuk A.V. Mixed convection in a vertical flat microchannel. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2017. Vol. 106. P. 1164–1173
17. Bromley, L.A. Heat transfer in stable ﬁlm boiling. Chem. Eng. Prog. 1950. Vol. 46. P. 211–227.
18. Nield D.A., Bejan A. Convection in Porous Media. - 4th Edition, New York: Springer. 2013. 640P.
Abstract views: 53 PDF Downloads: 113
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.