GLOBAL WARMING - PHYSICS AND GEOPOLITICS (Review). 2. Policies to mitigate the negative impact of climate change and adapt to it
Introduction. Reducing the negative impact of global warming and adapting to its devastating effects is an urgent global problem. Its decision is actively taken care of by politicians, leading world organizations and the expert community.
Problems. Political, financial and economic, innovative, scientific and technical approaches and measures to reduce and / or neutralize climate change are widely discussed. World organizations - IPCC, IEA, WMO, IMF, etc. - are involved in solving the problems.
Purpose. Assess the state of the problem, present the results of research and measures and tools for their implementation to reduce the greenhouse effect and / or adapt to its negative impact.
Materials and methods. Authoritative literature sources with analysis of approaches, measures and tools to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, including the diversification of the fuel and energy balance of world energy resources, were used. Possibilities of adaptation to climate change are considered.
Results. The main approaches and mechanisms of man-caused nature to actually reduce greenhouse gas emissions and global temperature in the 20th century are identified and their estimates for the period up to 2050 are given. The crucial role of RES and energy efficiency in the use of energy resources has been confirmed.
Conclusions. It is likely that by the middle of the 20th century the world economy can be brought to a state of low-carbon development primarily through the use of renewable energy, energy efficiency, diversification of primary energy resources and their decarbonization, which will significantly reduce annual emissions of 10 carbon .
2. Basok B.I. (Ed.). (2015). [Organizational and economic mechanisms for modernization of the heat power industry of Ukraine]. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
3. Mister himself. (2005). [Bulletin of the Ukrainian Network “Energy Efficient Cities]. №3-4, р. 17 [in Ukrainian].
4. Bashmakov I. [Improving energy efficiency - the main energy resource (presentation)]. URL: https://www/cenef/ru/file/Stady.ppt [in Russian].
5. The Law of the Russian Federation of November 23, 2009 No. 261-ФЗ [On energy conservation and on improving energy efficiency and on amendments to certain legislative acts of the Russian Federation] [in Russian].
6. Bashmakov I. (2002). [The law of increasing energy efficiency] // Energoinform. №27 (158) [in Russian].
7. Paton B.E., Dolinsky A.A., Geyets V.M., Kuhar V.P., Basok B.I., Baseyev E.T., Podolets R.Z. (2014). Priorities of the national strategy of heat supply of settlements of Ukraine // Bulletin of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. №9, 29-47.
8. Basok B.I., Novoseltsev O.V., Dubovsky S.V., Baseyev E.T. (2018). [Modernization of district heating systems of settlements of Ukraine (thermal physics, energy efficiency, energy economy, ecology)]. LLC «Kalita» Publishing House. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
9. Karp I.N., Nikitin E.E. (2011). [Ways to solve the problems of public utilities]. Housing and communal services of Ukraine. №6, 16-22 [in Russian].
10. Segal O.I., Bykoriz E.Y. (2016). [Environmental aspects of organic fuel combustion processes]. [Problems of ecology and exploitation of energy objects: Collection of works. Institute of Industrial Ecology]. Kyiv: IPC ALCON NAS of Ukraine. 142-148 [in Ukrainian].
11. Segal O.I., Paderno D.Yu., Pavlyuk N.Yu., Safyants AS, Bykoriz E.Y., Plashikhin S.V. (2019). Reducing the consumption of natural gas and reducing emissions of harmful substances from combustion products in municipal heating // Thermophysics and thermal power engineering. V. 41, №2, 54-63 [in Ukrainian].
12. Matsevity Yu.M., Shubenko A.L., Kanilo P.M., Solovey V.V. (2016). [Energy, ecology and global warming]. [Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine]. №12, 102-108 [in Russian].
13. Soroka B.S. (2017). [Influence of climatic factors on heat engineering characteristics, energy efficiency and environmental impact assessment of gas fuel combustion], [Alternative energy and ecology]. №04-06 (216-218), 116-129 [in Russian].
14. Soroka B.S. (2018). [Wet burning is a modern direction of environmentally friendly fuel combustion and a solution to the problem of sustainable energy development], [Alternative energy and ecology]. №25-30 (273-278), 97-117 [in Russian].
15. Volchin I.A., Gaponich L.S. (2018). [Carbon dioxide emissions from Ukrainian coal-fired thermal power plants], [Scientific works of the National University of Food Technology]. V. 24, № 6, 131-142. http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Npnukht_2018_24_6_17 [in Ukrainian].
16. Kobzar S.G., Halatov A.A. (2017) Investigation reduction efficiency of nitrogen oxides at an improved method for applying a three-stage burning coal using coal as fuel reburning // Industrial Heat Engineering., V. 39, № 5, 91-96 [in Ukrainian].
17. Shestopalov V.M., Lukin A.E., Zgonnik V.A., Makarenko A.N., Larin N.V., Boguslavsky V.M. (2018). Essays on the degassing of the Earth. Kyiv [in Russian].
18. Usenko O.V. (2014). The formation of melts. Geodynamic process and physicochemical interactions. Kyiv, [in Russian].
19. Karmazinenko S.P., Kuraeva I.V., Samchuk A.I., Voityuk Yu.Yu., Manicheva V.I. (2014). Heavy metals in environmental components. Mariupol (ecological and geochemical aspects). Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
20. Boychenko S. (2008). Semi-empirical models and scenarios of global and regional climate change. NAS of Ukraine, S.I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka [in Ukrainian].
21. Stogniy B.S., Kirilenko O.V., Prahovnik A.V., Denisyuk S.P., Butzo Z.Y. (2010). National energy efficiency priorities'2010. Kyiv, Text [in Ukrainian].
22. Kulyk M.M., Gorbulin V.P., Kirilenko A.V. (2017). Conceptual approaches to the development of energy in Ukraine (analytical materials). Kyiv: Institute of General Energy of the NAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
23. Saukh S.E. (2018). Problems of mathematical modeling of competitive equilibrium in the electricity marke // Bulletin of the NAS of Ukraine. №4, 53-67[in Ukrainian].
24. Dolinsky A.A., Basok B.I., Bazeyev E.T., Pirozhenko I.A. (2007). Communal heat power engineering of Ukraine: state, problems, ways of modernization. In 2 volumes. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
25. Basok B.I., Bazeyev E.T. (2017). Innovative technologies for buildings are a priority for improving energy efficiency in Ukraine // Industrial heat engineering. V. 39, №4, 61-67 [in Russian].
26. IEA, CO2 emissions reductions by measure in the Sustainable Development Scenario relative to the Stated Policies Scenario, 2010-2050, Paris, 2019. https://www.iea.org/data-and-statistics/charts/co2-emissions-reductions-by-measure-in-the-sustainable-development-scenario-relative-to-the-stated-policies-scenario-2010-2050.
27. URL: https://www.unian.net/ecology/10749615-franciya-obyavila-klimaticheskoe-chrezvychaynoe-polozhenie.html
28. URL: https://www.rbc.ua/rus/news/gensek-oon-klimaticheskoy-konferentsii-nazval-1575336213.html.
29. URL: https://hightech.fm/2019/11/30/euro-eco.
30. Klimenko V.V. The experience of genetic predictions of world energy: can we foresee the distant future. Reports of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Energy. 2014. V. 458, №4, 415-418.
31. Kyrylenko O.V., Basok B.I., Baseyev Ye.T., Blinov I.V. [Power industry in the realities of present-day world and Ukraine and the global warming] // Tekhnichna elektrodynamika [Technical electrodynamics], 2020. № 3. P. 52-61. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15407/techned2020.03.052 (Ukr.).
32. Akaev A.A., Davydova O.M. The Paris Agreement comes into force. Do great energy transition will take place? // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2020, V. 90, No. 10. - P. 926-938.
33. Danilov-Danilyan V.I., Katsev V.M., Porfiriev B.N. The interaction of natural and socio-humanitarian sciences // Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2020, V. 90, No. 10. - P. 914-925.
Abstract views: 62 PDF Downloads: 69
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.