RESEARCH OF THERMAL CHARACTERISTICS ELECTRIC HEATING DEVICES
In recent years, there has been a trend of transition from gas to electric heating, due to changes in the energy sector of the economy. Mass use of portable electric heaters allows to reduce fuel consumption by 25%, significantly reduce heat loss and negative impact on the environment. Electric heating is characterized by affordability, high efficiency, low costs of installation and maintenance, the ability to use preferential tariffs.
The purpose of the article is to analyze the technical and economic characteristics and efficiency of typical household electric heaters. The article contains an experimental study of the heat flux and heat of radiation of selected structures. The heat flux density was determined by the calculation method and in comparison with experimental data. Complex heat transfer is taken into account by calculating the heat transfer coefficient. Numerical and experimental study of the natural flow of convection in combination with radiation is carried out with each heated device in the laboratory.
A comparative analysis of the ratio of thermal characteristics to the cost and efficiency of devices. With the help of the author's method of "centers of mass" the comparison of qualitative characteristics of devices is carried out. As a result of the analysis it was established that the ALMAZ TERM Panel does not meet the set quality conditions, which requires further refinement of the design and technological indicators.
Studies show that it is possible to increase the efficiency of heating devices by increasing the consistency of the temperature profile, changing the radiation factor, optimizing the heat transfer surface of the device, as well as by integrating heat storages to store and improve heat distribution. In this case, the electrical energy is converted into heat and stored with subsequent use during peak hours.
2. DSTU B A.2.4-41:2009[ Heating, ventilation and air conditioning] (in Ukr.)
3. SNIP 2.04.05-91. [Building codes and regulations. Heating, ventilation and air conditioning.] (in Rus.)
4. DSTU 3425-96 [Heating and ventilation units. General technical conditions] (in Ukr.)
5. Baekhee Lee, Heecheon You, A Case Study of Eco-Design for a Small-Size Electric Heater by Performance, Usability, and Life-Cycle Assessments, Journal of Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers 40(2), April 2014, DOI: 10.7232/JKIIE.2014.40.2.223.
6. Cédric Hemmer, Guillaume Polidori, Catalin Popa, Temperature optimization of an electric heater by emissivity variation of heating elements, Case Studies in Thermal Engineering 4(C), November 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.csite.2014.10.001.
7. Jörg Franke, Markus Michl, SmartEco - An Approach Using Electric Storage Heaters for Demand Side Management, Advanced Engineering Forum, (Volume 19), October 2016, Pages: 27-34.
8. DSTU 3088-95 [Air-heating units. Test methods] (in Ukr.)
9. Demchenko V.H., Trubachev A. S., [Express analysis of the feasibility of energy saving measures], The scientific method, ISSN 2708-5341, (Warszawa, Poland), №20/ 2018, p.74-77. (in Ukr.)
10. Demchenko V.G., Makarenko L.A. [Decision support by the "center of mass" method] "Scientific discussion" journal. VOL 1, No 28, (2019). Praga, Cheshskaya respublika, p. 31-38. (in Rus.)
Abstract views: 44 PDF Downloads: 57
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.