CFD MODELING OF VORTEX AFTERBURNING OF BIOMASS GASIFICATION PRODUCTS IN A FLUIDIZED BED FURNACE
CFD modeling of the afterburning of biomass gasification products in a fluidized bed furnace with a vortex supply of secondary air has been carried out. The effect of secondary air heating on the ecological characteristics of flue gases has been determined. Modeling has shown that gasification products swirl in the primary chamber with the formation of a central vortex, which obeys the law of solid-body rotation. An increase in the temperature of the secondary air leads to an increase in its tangential velocity and, as a consequence, to an increase in centrifugal mass forces. Calculations have shown that with an increase in the secondary air temperature, the maximum of the kinetic energy of turbulence shifts to the periphery and increases in absolute value. This results in more efficient mixing of the central (producer gas) and peripheral (secondary air) streams. As a result, this leads to a more complete combustion. The influence of secondary air heating on the ecological characteristics of the furnace has been determined. As a result of air heating from 30° C to 300° C, the concentration of carbon monoxide decreases by more than 1.5 times. The concentration of nitrogen oxides practically does not change and amounts to 3.5 mg /nm3.
2. Tejerot I., Trujillot A., Leon E.H. An efficient technology for the combustion of biomass // Proc. Of 1st World Conference on biomass for energy and industry, June 2000, Sevilla, Spain, Vol. II, James&James Ltd. (ed), London, UK, pp. 886-889.
3. Gaegauf C.K., Wieser U. Biomass burner with low emission of particulates // Biomass for energy and industry. Proc. Of the 10th European Conf. C.A.R.M.E.N. Publisher, 1998, pp.1509-1512.
4. Khalatov A, Borisov I, Kobzar S, Kovalenko G, Khlebnikov O (2007) Investigations of Institute for Engineering Thermophysics (Thermogasdynamics Department) in the area of combustion and gasification of alternative fuels, In: Syred N., Khalatov A. (eds) Advanced Combustion and Aerothermal Technologies. NATO Science for Peace and Security Series C: Environmental Security (2007) 231-245.Springer, Dordrecht. ISBN 978-1-4020-6513-2. doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6515-6_18.
5. PitsukhaYa. A.Scientific basis for creation highly-efficient cyclone-bed furnaces for boilers using solid biofuel: Doctor of tech. Sci. Thesis: 05.14.04, The A.V. Luikov Heat and Mass Transfer Institute, Minsk, 2019, 46 pс.
6. Кобзар С.Г., Коваленко Г.В., Халатов А.А. The computer simulation of the combustion of the gasification products in fluidized bed of solid fuel in upper bed layer wit vortex burning // Thermophysics and Thermal Power Engineering. 2021, V..43, No 2 P.77–83.
7. Basu P. Biomass gasification and pyrolysis: Practical design and theory. Elsevier, 2010. 364 p.
Abstract views: 18 PDF Downloads: 25
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.