ENERGY ANALYSIS OF A HEAT PUMP AIR HANDLING UNIT FOR THE DEHUMIDIFICATION AND AIR CONDITIONING OF A PRODUCTION PREMISE
The article presents the results of thermodynamic analysis of the theoretical model of the heat pump system of ventilation, air conditioning and dehumidification of the production room with variable values of internal moisture and heat generation during the transition and warm seasons. The influence of exhaust air energy recovery on the system efficiency is established and evaluated. As a prototype was adopted blacksmith shop, where it is necessary to maintain technological conditions (temperature and relative humidity). Calculations were performed using the method of successive approximations to estimate the air parameters at the nodal points of the system. This established the theoretical refrigeration efficiency of this system and showed the benefits of energy recovery to reduce energy consumption for the system. This model can be used for the design of air handling units with a set heat pump circuit.
2. Chwieduk D.: Analysis of utilization of renewable energies as heat sources for heat pumps in building sector. Renewable Energy. 9(1996), 720–723. DOI: 10.1016/0960-1481(96)88385-6
3. Picallo-Perez A., Sala-Lizarranga J. M., Odriozola-Maritorena M.: Ventilation of buildings with heat recovery systems: Thorough energy and exergy analysis for indoor thermal wellness. Journal of Building Engineering. 39(2021). DOI: 10.1016/j.jobe.2021.102255
4. Chenari B.: Towards sustainable, energy-efficient and healthy ventilation strategies in buildings: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 59(2016), 1426-1447. DOI: 10.1016/j.rser.2016.01.074.
5. Rotger-Griful S.: Demand Response Potential of Ventilation Systems in Residential Buildings. Energy and Buildings. 121(2016). DOI:10.1016/j.enbuild.2016.03.061.
6. Straube J. F.: [Humidity in buildings]. АВОК [ABOK]. 6(2002), 30-35. (in Rus.)
7. Gagarin V. G.: [Commentaries to the article "Humidity in buildings"]. АВОК [ABOK]. 6(2002), 36-38. (in Rus.)
8. Vishnevskiy E. P.: [Analysis of the peculiarities of using the main methods of air dehumidification]. Jurnal S.О.K [S.O.K. Journal]. 3(2004), 5-13. (in Rus.)
9. Mazzeo D.: Solar and wind assisted heat pump to meet the building air conditioning and electric energy demand in the presence of an electric vehicle charging station and battery storage. Journal of Cleaner Production. 213(2019), 1228–1250. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.12.212
10. Bezrodny M. K., Misiura T. O.: Research to estimate energy efficiency of a ventilation and air conditioning heat pump system inside a production premise with ventilation air recovery. Archives of Thermodynamics. 42 (2021).
11. Bezrodny М. K., Misiura T. O.: The heat pump system for ventilation and air conditioning inside the production area with an excessive internal moisture generation. Eurasian Physical Technical Journal. 17(2020), 118–132.
12. Bozhenko M. F. [Heat sources and heat consumers]. – Kyiv: «Polytechnica» [Polytechnics], 2004. – 192 с. (in Ukr.)
13. State Building Standards of Ukraine DBN B.2.5-67: 2013, “Heating, ventilation and air conditioning”. Ministry of Regional Development, Construction and Housing of Ukraine, Kyiv 2013. (in Ukr.)
14. Bezrodny М. K., Prytula N. O. [Thermodynamic and energy efficiency of heat pump schemes of heat supply]. – Kyiv: «Polytechnica» [Polytechnics], 2016. – 272 p. (in Ukr.)
15. Moroziuk T. V. [Theory of refrigeration machines and heat pumps]. – Odessa: Studiya «Negociant» [Negociant Studio], 2006. – 712 p. (in Rus.)
Abstract views: 23 PDF Downloads: 17
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.