FILM BOILING OF A LIQUID ON A VERTICAL PLATE IN A POROUS MEDIUM
The paper presents results of the modeling of heat transfer at film boiling of a liquid in a porous medium on a vertical heated wall. Such processes are observed at cooling of high-temperature surfaces of heat pipes, microstructural radiators etc. Heating conditions at the wall were the constant wall temperature or heat flux.
An analytical solution was obtained for the problem of fluid flow and heat transfer using the Darcy-Brinkman porous medium model. It was shown that heat transfer at film boiling in a porous medium was less intensive than in the absence of a porous medium and further decreased with the decreasing permeability of the porous medium. A sharp decrease in heat transfer was observed for the Darcy numbers lower than five. Effects of different thermal boundary conditions on the heated wall on the heat transfer are insignificant.
2. Singh H., Myong R.S. Critical Review of Fluid Flow Physics at Micro- to Nano-scale Porous Media Application in the Energy Sector. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering. 2018. Vol. 1. P.1–31
3. Hari R., Jolly T., Muraleedharan C. Analysis of Two-Phase Flow in the Capillary Wick Structure of Flat Heat Pipe with Different Orientation. International Journal of Thermal Technologies. 2015. Vol.5. No.1. P.63–69
4. Alomar O.R., Trimis D., Mendes M., Ray S. Numerical simulation of complete liquid-vapor phase change process inside porous media: A comparison between local thermal equilibrium and non-equilibrium models. Int. J. of Thermal Sciences. 2017. Vol. 112. P. 222 – 241.
5. Alomar O.R., Mendes M.A.A., Ray S. Trimis D. Numerical investigation of complete evaporation process inside porous evaporator using staggered and non-staggered grid arrangements. Int. J. of Thermal Sciences. 2018. Vol. 129. P.56 – 72.
6. Yuki K, Abei J, Hashizume H, Toda S. Numerical investigation of thermo fluid flow characteristics with phase change against high heat flux in porous media. J Heat Trans. T ASME. 2008. Vol.130(1). P.012602 (1–12)
7. AvramenkoА.А., Shevchuk I.V., Abdallah S., Blinov D.G., Harmand S., Tyrinov A.I. Symmetry analysis for film boiling of nanofluids on a vertical plate using a nonlinear approach. Journal of Molecular Liquids. 2016. V. 223. P. 156–164.
8. Avramenko A.A., Shevchuk I.V., Harmand S., Tyrinov A.I. Thermocapillary instability in an evaporating two-dimensional thin layer film. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2015. V.91. P.77–88.
9. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V. The onset of bio‐thermal convection in a suspension of gyrotactic microorganisms in a fluid layer with an inclined temperature gradient. International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat & Fluid Flow. 2010. V. 20(1). P111-129.
10. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V. Start-up slip flow in a microchannel with a rectangular cross section. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics. 2015. V.29(5). P.351–371
11. Avramenko A.A., Tyrinov A.I., Shevchuk I.V. An analytical and numerical study on the start-up flow of slightly rarefied gases in a parallel-plate channel and a pipe. Physics of Fluids. 2015. V.27(4). 042001
12. Avramenko A.A., Kuznetsov A.V. Flow in a curved porous channel with a rectangular cross section. Journal of Porous Media. 2008. V.11(3). P.241-246.
13. Nield D.A., Bejan A. Convection in Porous Media. - 4th Edition, New York: Springer. 2013. 640 p.
14. Avramenko A.A., Kovetskaya M.M., Dmitrenko N.P., Kovetska Yu.Yu. [Influence of porous medium on heat exchange during film boiling of liquid], Теплофізика та теплоенергетика [Thermophysics and thermal power engineering]. 2021. V.43, №3. P. 7–15 (in Ukr)
15. Avramenko, A.A., Tyrinov, A.I., Shevchuk, I.V., Dmitrenko N.P., Kravchuk A.V. Mixed convection in a vertical flat microchannel. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 2017. Vol. 106. P. 1164–1173
16. Ellion, M.E. A Study of the mechanism of Boiling heat transfer. Jet Prop. Lab. Memo, CIT. 1954. 20, P. 1– 88.
17. Avramenko A.A., Kovetskaya M.M., Kondratieva E.A., Sorokina T.V. [Heat transfer at film boiling of liquid on vertical heats my wall in the porous environment], Теплофізика та теплоенергетика [Thermophysics and thermal power engineering]. 2021. V.43, №1. P. 20–29 (in Ukr)
Abstract views: 22 PDF Downloads: 23
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.