ENERGY AND ECOLOGY ANALYSIS OF TECHNOLOGIES FOR POWER PRODUCTION FROM BIOMASS. PART 2
The paper presents some results of energy analysis of the life cycle of power production from solid biomass. The results are compared with the respective case of combined heat and power production. The greenhouse gases balance during the life cycle of power production from solid biomass is calculated.
2. T. Nussbaumer, M. Oser. Evaluation of biomass combustion based energy systems by cumulative energy demand and energy yield coefficient. Report for International Energy Agency and Swiss Federal Office of Energy, 2004.
3. Geletukha G.G., Zheliezna T.A., Drozdova O.I. Kompleksnyi analiz tekhnolohii vyrobnytstva enerhii z biomasy [Сomplex analysis of bioenergy technologies], Promyshliennaia tieplotiekhnika [Industrial Heat Engineering], 2012, V. 34, № 1, P. 87–95. (Ukr.)
4. Commission staff working document. State of play on the sustainability of solid and gaseous biomass used for electricity, heating and cooling in the EU. Brussels, 28.7.2014, SWD(2014) 259 final http://ec.europa.eu/energy/sites/ener/files/2014_ biomass_state_of_play_.pdf
5. Report from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament on sustainability requirements for the use of solid and gaseous biomass sources in electricity, heating and cooling. Brussels, 25.2.2010, COM(2010)11 final http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/? uri=CELEX:52010DC0011&from=en
6. Directive 2009/28/EC on the promotion of the use of energy from renewable sources and amending and subsequently repealing Directives 2001/77/EC and 2003/30/ EC http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/ PDF/?uri=CELEX:02009L0028-20151005&from=EN
Abstract views: 164 PDF Downloads: 162
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.