ANALYSIS OF CRITERIA FOR THE SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF BIOENERGY
EU sustainability criteria for the production and consumption of biofuels are analyzed. The paper reviews current EU policy on sustainable bioenergy and future plans. It is shown that general trend is appearance of wider and stricter requirements for the sustainability of biofuels. Recommendations for the sustainable production of biofuels in Ukraine are presented.
2. Plan of Implementation of the World Summit on Sustainable Development http://www.un.org/esa/sustdev/documents/WSSD_POI_PD/English/WSSD_PlanImpl.pdf
3. Directive 2009/28/EC http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009L0028&from=EN
4. Directive (EU) 2015/1513http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=OJ:L:2015:239:FULL&from=EN
5. Directive 2009/30/EC http://eurlex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009L0030&from=EN
6. Sustainability Criteria for Biofuels: Report for Ukraine. E4tech (UK) for the European Energy Community Secretariat, 2015 https://www.energy-communi-ty.org/portal/page/portal/ENC_HOME/DOCS/3606186/0F835C17E1B230B4E053C92FA8C00871.PDF
7. Voluntary schemes https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/topics/renewable-energy/biofuels/voluntary-schemes
8. Methodological recommendations on criteria sustainability of biomass production, 2015.http://minagro.gov.ua/node/17694
9. Standard EN 16214http://standards.globalspec.com/standards/detail?familyId=ZYGPGDAAAAAAAAAA
10. Report on sustainability requirements for the use of solid and gaseous biomass sources in electricity, heating and cooling COM(2010)11 final, 25.2.2010http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:52010DC0011&from=EN
11. GBEP Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy http://www.globalbioenergy.org/fileadmin/templates/gbep/images/Ylenia/Summary_table_website_12-11.pdf
12. Biomass for electricity and heating Opportunities and challenges, European Parliament, 2015 http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2015/568329/EPRS_BRI%282015%29568329_EN.pdf
13. AEBIOM position on «A sustainable bioenergy policy for the period after 2020»http://www.aebiom.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/AEBIOM-position-on-a-sustainable-bioenergy-policy-for-the-period-after-2020-10.05.16.pdf
14. National renewable energy action plan up to 2020. Approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Executive Order No. 902-p of 1 October 2014.
15. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine Executive Order No. 791-p of 3 September «On the approval of the action plan for the implementation of the Directive of European Parliament and Council 2009/28/EC»
Abstract views: 129 PDF Downloads: 138
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.