HEAT TRANSFER IN GRADIENT TURBULENT BOUNDARY LAYER
Effect of pressure gradient on heat transfer in turbulent boundary layer is constantly investigated during creation and improvement of heat exchange equipment for energy, aerospace, chemical and biological systems.
The paper deals with problem of steady flow and heat transfer in turbulent boundary layer with variable pressure in longitudinal direction. The mathematical model is presented and the analytical solution of heat transfer in the turbulent boundary layer problem at positive and negative pressure gradients is given. Dependences for temperature profiles and coefficient of heat transfer on flow parameters were obtained.
At negative longitudinal pressure gradient (flow acceleration) heat transfer coefficient can both increase and decrease. At beginning of acceleration zone, when laminarization effects are negligible, heat transfer coefficient increases. Then, as the flow laminarization increases, heat transfer coefficient decreases. This is caused by flow of turbulent energy transfers to accelerating flow.
In case of positive longitudinal pressure gradient, temperature profile gradient near wall decreases. It is because of decreasing velocity gradient before zone of possible boundary layer separation.
2. Zhukauskas A.A. [ Convective transport in heat exchangers], Moskva, Nauka, [Nauka], 1982. 472p. (Rus)
3. Volkov K.N., Emel`yanov V.N. [Flow and heat transfer in channels and rotating cavities], Moskva, Fizmatgiz, [Fizmatgiz], 2010. 488p. (Rus)
4. Zemlyanskij B.A. [Convective heat transfer of aircraft], Moskva, Fizmatlit, [Fizmatlit], 2014. 380p. (Rus)
5. Kuznetsov A.V., Avramenko A.A. A minimal hydrodynamic model for a traffic jam in an axon. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer. 2009. V.36 №1. P. 1–5
6. Terekhov V.I. [Heat transfer in subsonic separated flows], Novosibirsk, NGTU, [NGTU], 2018. 247p. (Rus)
7. Davletshin I.A., Zarinov D.I., Mikheev N.I., Paerepij A.A.[Heat transfer in the confuser with flow pulsations], TVT, [TVT], 2017. V.55 №4. P. 642-645. (Rus)
8. Nikitin P.V., Khashhenko A.A., Starodubczeva G.P. [On the issue of heat transfer in diffusers with a permeable heated wall streamlined by a stream of air], Mezhdunarodny`j zhurnal fundamental`ny`kh i prikladny`kh issledovanij, [International Journal of Basic and Applied Research], 2013. №9. P. 81 -83. (Rus)
9. Bogatko N., Terekhov V., Dyachenko F., Smulsky E. Heat transfer behind the backward- facing step under the influence of longitudinal pressure gradient. MATEC Web of Conferences. 2017. № 92. 01030. Thermophysical Basis of Energy Technologies. 2016.
10. Daletshin J.A., Dushina O., Mikheev N., Paereliy A.A. Heat transfer in pulsating flows in the channels with pressure gradient. Journal of Physics Conference Series. 2017. V. 891 №1. 012045.
11. Vargas M., Sierra FZ., Ramos E., Avramenko A.A. Steady natural convection in a cylindrical cavity. International communications in heat and mass transfer. 2002. V.29, №2. P. 213–221
12. Avramenko A. A. [Heat transfer in the separation zone of the boundary layer], Promyshlennaya teplotekhnika [Industrial heat engineering], 1998. V.20, №4. P. 20–22. (Rus)
13. Avramenko A. A. Heat transfer in the zone of boundary layer separation. Heat Transfer Research. 1998. V.29, N. 6–8. P. 391 – 396.
14. Avramenko A. A., Kobzar S.G., Shevchuk I.V., Kuznetsov A.V., Iwanisov L.T. Symmetry of turbulent boundary-layer flows: Investigation of different eddy viscosity models. Acta Mechanica. 2001. V. 151. №1–2. P.1–14.
15. Shlikhting G.[ Boundary layer theory], Moskva, Nauka, [Science], 1974. 712p. (Rus)
16. Pyadishhyus A., Shlyanchauskas A. [Turbulent heat transfer in the wall layers], Vilnyus, Mokslas, [Mokslas], 1987. 239p. (Rus)
Abstract views: 74 PDF Downloads: 32
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.