Industrial Heat Engineering journal publishes results of research on areas: heat and mass transfer processes and devices; theory and practice of drying; heat power plant; use and combustion of fuel; nuclear power; municipal and industrial power; renewable energy; energy saving; energy efficiency of buildings, building thermophysics; economic efficiency of energy projects; thermodynamics and transport processes; ecology of heat power objects; measurement, control, automation of heat processes. Focus and Scope more detailed.
Articles submitted to Industrial Heat Engineering journal should be original and unpublished contributions and should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time. Manuscript should be written in Ukrainian, Russian or English. Responsibility for the contents of the paper rests upon the authors and not upon the editors or the publisher. Authors of submitted papers should familiarize themselves with copyright transfer to Industrial Heat Engineering journal, Institute of Engineering Thermophysics of NAS of Ukraine.
The papers have to be prepared according to the ethical standards in publishing.
The review process
Reviewing (expert evaluation) of manuscripts of scientific articles is carried out to maintain a high scientific and theoretical level of the journal and to select the most valuable and relevant scientific papers. Industrial Heat Engineering journal uses Double-Blind Peer Review. The review process is free of charge. More details on the review process.
The journal does not accept any forms of plagiarism and has its own special criteria for its identification. The journal uses software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts: Detector Plagiarist, Antiplagiat, eTXT. Manuscripts in which plagiarism or textual borrowings are found without reference to the original source are rejected by the editorial board for publication in the journal. More details on Journal's Plagiarism policy.
Article Processing Charge (APC)
Article Processing Charge (APC) is free of charge. All costs for financing the journal are borne by Institute of Engineering Thermophysics of NAS of Ukraine. The journal receives funding from the subscription, for which it is distributed by the libraries of Ukraine. So the journal does not levy any charges.
Submission of papers
Paper submission is free of charge. A submission must include the corresponding author's complete name, affiliation, address, phone and fax numbers, ORCID and e-mail address. All papers for consideration by Industrial Heat Engineering should be submitted by e-mail to the journal Executive Editor:
Vladimir Shmorgun, Executive Editor:
Institute of Engineering Thermophysics of NAS of Ukraine
03168, Kyiv, st. Maria Kapnist, 2.
Email: email@example.com; Phone: +38-044-456-48-67.
"Thermophysics And Thermal Power Engineering"
‘The journal publishes research results in the following areas: heat and mass transfer processes and devices, theory and practice of drying, municipal and industrial heat, renewable energy, energy efficiency, fuel use and combustion, thermal power plants, ecology, thermodynamics and transfer processes, nuclear energy, monitoring and optimization of thermophysical processes.
Articles in Ukrainian or English are accepted for consideration. The electronic version of the article - in Microsoft Word 2007, 2010 is sent to the e-mail of the editorial office: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com). If the article is written in English, the page is added to it in Ukrainian: the names of the authors, the title of the article, the postal address of the institution, the abstract - at least 1800 characters, keywords, literature.
- page parameters: left and right margins - 15 mm, top 28 mm, bottom - 32 mm. The first lines of all paragraphs - with an indentation of 0.5 cm, font Times New Roman, size 11, space 1. The headings of the main text elements are highlighted in bold.
- УДК index (Universal decimal classification) in the upper left corner of the page;
- title of the article (up to 10 words) - in Ukrainian or English (size 14, bold, capital letters, full page formatting);
- surnames of all authors, initials (not more than 4 people, bold), scientific degree;
- place of work of each of the co-authors, academic title, postal address, e-mail, ORCID;
- abstract (3-4 sentences) in three languages - Ukrainian, English, Russian;
- keywords (6-8 words) in Ukrainian;
- the main text of the article (in two columns) with the necessary elements: problem statement; analysis of recent research and publications; selection of previously unresolved parts of the overall problem; formulation of the purpose of the article (task statement); description of research methodology; presentation of the main material and the obtained scientific results; conclusions and prospects for further development in this direction; list of references;
The volume of the article, including text, tables, figures, literature, English block should be up to 10 pages. Figures (diagrams, photos, etc.) are submitted together with the text in the places of references to them and necessarily in separate files in color and black-and-white image (* .TIFF, etc.) with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. The desired width of the drawings is 8.15 cm. The drawing should be located in the center, without wrapping the text. Captions to figures should contain numbering in the order of placement in the text and an explanatory caption, highlighted in bold italics. It is not allowed to include captions in the picture itself.
Formulas in articles should be typed using the formula editor (internal formula editor in Microsoft Word for Windows or Microsoft Equation), style - mathematical (italics), formula size - 10 pt. Formulas longer than 8 cm are divided into individual blocks up to 8 cm (with some exceptions -17 cm). Formulas are separated from the text at the top and bottom by one space. The numbering of formulas is in parentheses. All physical quantities are given in the SI system. Integers are separated from decimal places by a period.
Tables (in book orientation) should have thematic headings and numbers, the background of the table is not highlighted in another color. The recommended character size in tables is 8-9 pt (for capacious not less than 6 pt).
The list of references is given in the original language in the order of mention in the text with the DOI of the source. The list of literature sources (not more than 15) is numbered in the order mentioned in the text. Font - Times New Roman 10pt, authors' names - italics. Abbreviations of the names of cited sources are not allowed.
- Russian-language block (if the article is in Ukrainian), which includes in Russian the title of the article, authors' names, mailing address of the organization, annotation of the article, keywords, number of figures, tables, bibliographic references, list of references.
- The English language block should include:
- title of the article in English (capital letters, bold);
- surname, name, patronymic of all authors - transliteration, bold;
- full names and postal addresses of the organizations in which the authors work (italics);
- abstract in English (not less than 1800 characters), structured, containing the purpose, objectives, research methods, results;
- bibliography in the form of: References 7, tables 2, figures 5.
- Key words;
- list of literary sources in Latin (at least 10 references, of which 80% - to English-language sources, self-citations - no more than two. List as in the article, but the names of the authors - in English
(transliteration from Cyrillic); in English translation in square brackets, title of journals, other literary references - in square brackets in English, source data - in English At the end of each link (non- English edition) in parentheses must indicate the language of the original article - (in Rus.) or (in Ukr.). The titles of literary sources are presented without abbreviations.Articles published in foreign journals are given in the original title.
The article should be accompanied by:
- an official letter signed by the head of the organization in which the work was performed;
- printed manuscript of the article, signed by all authors;
- the original expert opinion on the possibility of publishing this work in the open press;
- signed by the authors "Agreement" on the transfer by the authors of the rights to publish the manuscript and subsequent posting of the article on the Internet
- contact phone number and e-mail address of one of the co-authors.
Manuscripts of articles that do not meet the requirements of the editors - are not considered.
If the article is accepted for publication in the journal «Industrial Heat Engineering» the author must sign an agreementon transfer of copyright. The agreement is sent to the postal (original) or e-mail address (scanned copy) of the journal editions.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License International CC-BY that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. Privacy, Confidentiality and Informed Consent Policy.